VIP 622 and 722 replacements

Bruno

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
I have a 622 that keeps resetting. If i have the Dish silver plan is Dish still replacing the VIP receivers?
I dont really want a Hopper.

The rep's will try to talk you into going hopper, but will replace it with a 722/722k if necessary. If you really want another 622, only way is to get a second hand one that is not leased. (not sure why you would do that since they are the same price per month tho)

The rep's will try to talk you into going hopper, but will replace it with a 722/722k if necessary. If you really want another 622, only way is to get a second hand one that is not leased. (not sure why you would do that since they are the same price per month tho)
I can live with 722 just dont want the hopper..

I had a similar issue with my 622 once. I also noticed that the cooling fan was in overdrive all the time. I pulled the cover off and everything was covered with a layer of dust. A quick blow out (keeping the fan from spinning) was the fix.

I had a similar issue with my 622 once. I also noticed that the cooling fan was in overdrive all the time. I pulled the cover off and everything was covered with a layer of dust. A quick blow out (keeping the fan from spinning) was the fix.
Thanks Charles i will check that out. I have been busy getting my daughter into a dorm to really mess with it. I think i bought a tray with a fan that can go under the 622 to help with cooling.

Finally called today to get my 622 replaced. Only wanted to push me to a Hopper. Called Loyalty Dept. 888-496-1260 and they also pushed the Hopper. They wanted a 2 year agreement for them to purchase a refurbished 722 for my 622 and would also drop my bill $20 a month . I finally told them I would just go to DTV. Fiinally they agreed to replace my 622 with a 722 .

Been getting a lot of calls From DTV about 50% off bill. I may take them up on it if Dish can not get OKC thunder games.

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts