VIP 722 with software L6.18

rlavinder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
I am wondering how many people with a VIP 722 receiver don't have the software version L6.21 or L6.22. The reason I am asking this is because I currently have version L6.18 without the custom groups. I am looking forward to this option because it will be easier to move around our DVR. Also when should I look forward to getting this software version?

I am wondering how many people with a VIP 722 receiver don't have the software version L6.21 or L6.22. The reason I am asking this is because I currently have version L6.18 without the custom groups. I am looking forward to this option because it will be easier to move around our DVR. Also when should I look forward to getting this software version?
Only a few "lucky" ones have it. ;) Based on the feedback from L6.21 consider yourself blessed you didn't get it.

I'm sure once L6.22 gets good results from the folks who are essentially beta testing it now, the rest of us should get it within the next few weeks...

Yup, you definitely don't want L621, I'm about to throw my 622 out the wall. I'm praying that I'll get L622 soon. The VIP622 is really flaky both native and well as responding to Dish Remote and even keeping a DHCP'ed address. It will drop it's address if the router reboots. My 621 and 722k will just behave nicely and keep using the previously assigned address. If the 622 can't see the internet for 10 seconds it will reset it's address back to 0.0.0.0 and not ask for another one! :rant::rant::rant::rant:

Makes it a real pain on using Dish Remote!

On my 622 I had a blank screen for all my Encore channels last night. Checked the software version and found I got L622. Don't know if that has anything to do with it and I didn't notice anything different than L621. I never had problems with L621 so I don't know what L622 is supposed to fix.

I Must be very lucky over the years. All the posts I've seen with software glitch problems. I've never had a problem with any new software since I've owned my 622.

Lucky in the Midwest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts