ViP211 loses sound/picture when on over-the-air for long periods

Mark Strube

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Wisconsin, USA
My mother watches the local channels quite a bit, which we have near perfect signals with from an over the air antenna.

Awhile back, when she'd watch the same channel for more than a couple hours, the sound would go completely out (connected thru analog stereo cables). There was no way to get the sound back on ANY channel unless I forced a reboot by holding down the power button.

It hasn't done this for awhile, until tonight. She was watching the Packers scrimmage from the local fox station, and the picture went completely black. No sound, no picture, I couldn't bring up the guide... I couldn't even turn the box off... like a total freeze-up. (At the same time the 622 in my room was totally fine on the same channel.) The only way to bring it back was to force a reboot, again.

This is getting REALLY annoying, especially considering she's disabled and can't get up to force a reboot herself every couple of hours.

Do we have a bad 211, or is this a widespread bug? What should I do to rectify this situation? I don't have the greatest faith in Dish's CSR's to diagnose the issue, so I'm asking you guys.

I have alot of issues with locals on the 211....video disappears if the signal is temporarily lost on HD channels, requiring a reboot, good signal but signal coming and going...tempted to go back to my 811.

I have had the same issues as KSLOAD. I have not called Dish without some background knowledge on the over the air issues from Satellite Guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)