ViP622 Video Studder

kingbiged

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 28, 2003
Oregon City, OR
I'm still getting alot of video studder, has anyone found a fix? Mostly on HD, but sometimes on SD (very rarely)

Scott, any Idea when they will fix? I keep paying them my $120 per month, and this is getting a bit insane!

I had stutter ALOT yesterday for the first time in awhile - on ABC HD while watching the World Cup.

I had to flip channels to make it go away.

So it's definitely still out there!

kingbiged said:
I'm still getting alot of video studder, has anyone found a fix? Mostly on HD, but sometimes on SD (very rarely)

Scott, any Idea when they will fix? I keep paying them my $120 per month, and this is getting a bit insane!
How good a stud is that 622 DISH can probably use help breeding some more of those receivers. I think you really mean STUTTERING.:( :( :(

I wouldn't count on E* fixing this any time soon. It's been a problem for several months now and, if they can't fix it by now, I don't know if they ever will.

:rolleyes:

I have no problems with studdering... try rebooting the machine.

Also, do you have a free flow of air through the box? It could be overheating causing the issue.

I have no problems with studdering... try rebooting the machine.

Yeah, rebooting fixes it temporarily. And simply saying "reboot the machine" doesn't mean anything if I'm right in the middle of a recording.

Also, do you have a free flow of air through the box? It could be overheating causing the issue.

That may be true, but this box shouldn't be so sensitive that everything starts getting blamed on "overheating". I have plenty of other electronics that don't malfunction as soon as it raises its temperature a few degrees.

I know it's in the software anyway. It didn't do the stuttering when I first bought the box. Every time a new software release is downloaded the stuttering is different (and the workaround for fixing the stuttering is different - I used to be able to skip back 10 sec. to fix it, but now I have to reboot), but they seem to get more and more annoying with each new software release. If you check most of the 622 threads around here, you'll see that most people are getting the stuttering.

Odd- I don't have this problem at all.

But now I'm getting the audio dropouts once in a while, and that has just started in the last couple of weeks or so.

I was having problems with the stuttering last night, and I changed the resolution from 1080i to 480i made the change, then 480i back to 1080i and the stuttering went away. I only tried this because I was recording 2001 on HDNET and didn't want to interrupt the recording.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)