VIP722 Won't Activate?

rrp13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
southwest Georgia
Hello, had a VIP722 that died on me. Did an out of warranty exchange with the DishStore and received my replacement VIP722 today. After 2 hours on the phone with Dishnetwork, it seems that the replacement is defective, too. It will not authorize for my sub'd channels and my EHD will not activate. I have a VIP722K right next to it that is receiving all my sub'd channels and works fine with the EHD. I checked the signal level on 110, 119 & 129 on both receivers and both are getting the same signal quality on all 3 sats (between 53-60). Is there any thing else I can do besides swap this receiver out for another one? Has anyone run across one that just would not take the authorization for programming? Thanks for any replies.

:rant:

ck switch

Hello, had a VIP722 that died on me. Did an out of warranty exchange with the DishStore and received my replacement VIP722 today. After 2 hours on the phone with Dishnetwork, it seems that the replacement is defective, too. It will not authorize for my sub'd channels and my EHD will not activate. I have a VIP722K right next to it that is receiving all my sub'd channels and works fine with the EHD. I checked the signal level on 110, 119 & 129 on both receivers and both are getting the same signal quality on all 3 sats (between 53-60). Is there any thing else I can do besides swap this receiver out for another one? Has anyone run across one that just would not take the authorization for programming? Thanks for any replies.

:rant:

Did you do a ck switch and a download?

its not a common problem but it does happen, could be a bad smartcard

if it was a reman rec, sometimes they don't get cleared off the previous account

Do you have any of the premium sports packages? I had a 722 replaced this spring that wouldn't authorize until they took the NHL package off.

its not a common problem but it does happen, could be a bad smartcard

if it was a reman rec, sometimes they don't get cleared off the previous account

it is a reman, oh well, it's boxed up to be shipped back and a different one should be on the way to me, we'll see what happens

if anyone is still paying attention to this thread... a question that arose out of my authorization problems the other night... the tech support person on the phone kept pushing me to get the $6.00 maintenance plan for a free service call and $15 service calls beyond that, etc. etc. I kept politely declining because 1) I also have a VIP722K that I connected to the same RG6 leads the VIP722 was using and it worked fine so, I knew my dish, LNB, RG6 lines, etc. were fine, it had to be the receiver I'd just got. 2) I have "moved" to another city for locals and would not be at the "service address" to meet a technician. so, my question is, for those of you that have "moved" and find yourself in actual need of a service call from a Dish technician, what do you do?

Do my own

if anyone is still paying attention to this thread... a question that arose out of my authorization problems the other night... the tech support person on the phone kept pushing me to get the $6.00 maintenance plan for a free service call and $15 service calls beyond that, etc. etc. I kept politely declining because 1) I also have a VIP722K that I connected to the same RG6 leads the VIP722 was using and it worked fine so, I knew my dish, LNB, RG6 lines, etc. were fine, it had to be the receiver I'd just got. 2) I have "moved" to another city for locals and would not be at the "service address" to meet a technician. so, my question is, for those of you that have "moved" and find yourself in actual need of a service call from a Dish technician, what do you do?

I do my own service so don't need service calls. I have had them ship equipment to my bill "biz" address.

I do my own service so don't need service calls. I have had them ship equipment to my bill "biz" address.

well, that's pretty much what I try to do myself, I own my equipment and I have been able to take care of my own service so far, just wondered what I'd do if it ever turned out to be something I couldn't fix myself.

by the way, the 2nd replacement receiver was delivered to me yesterday, hooked it up, called Dish, it authorized without a hitch, I'm back in business! can't beat the Dish Store! :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)