VOD Recording

wado66

Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
I purchased a movie thru VOD. I didn't pay much attention that I was renting it for 24 hours.
Is there any way to save these movies to my dvd recorder, so I can watch it later?
Or should I have purchased it on PPV so that I could transfer it to my DVD recorder?

The same 24 hour limit applies to PPV purchases.

Not true.

For certain PPV purchases they are only available for 24 hours once you start watching them. But that is not the case for most of the PPVs available. This is only true if the info says "Limited Recording". For all other events you can save to your DVR and watch over and over.

Not true.

For certain PPV purchases they are only available for 24 hours once you start watching them. But that is not the case for most of the PPVs available. This is only true if the info says "Limited Recording". For all other events you can save to your DVR and watch over and over.
With the "Limited Recordings" I put them on my external HDD and I can still watch them so maybey that is a work around with PPV but not VOD. I rented Role models about 3 weeks ago and it said limited recording but after it recorded I put it on the HDD and I am still able to watch it. I tried this again with Grand Torino about a week ago and I am still able to watch. So as long as you move it before the 24hr peroid you might be ok.

Thanks

With the "Limited Recordings" I put them on my external HDD and I can still watch them so maybey that is a work around with PPV but not VOD. I rented Role models about 3 weeks ago and it said limited recording but after it recorded I put it on the HDD and I am still able to watch it. I tried this again with Grand Torino about a week ago and I am still able to watch. So as long as you move it before the 24hr peroid you might be ok.

Now E* will fix that bug. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)