VOOM 3 Weeks To Get A Tech Out To Replace A Receiver?

patrickpiteo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2004
I called VOOM service last night because my VOOM box optical output is going in and out. Yes I do know I can use the regular audio outputs but I want my 5.1... Well I was told first that the soonest they could come out was Aug 31.. A week away and I said OK. The CSR then comes back on and says that It would be longer and that the soonest would be August 14! I said you kidding me. Can't you do better then that. She said hold on and then she cames back with Aug 12. I settled for that, and told her that this was not a good way to service customers and what if my box was completely dead I would have no service for 3 weeks? I also have D* and as bad as they can be the longest I ever waited was 4 days. Ship the stupid box to me I can do it In 5 minutes and save VOOM on the service call.. They have to get a better way of servicing their customers this way is just plain horrible. On the plus side I do love my VOOM for the great picture I get... Anybody else having this sort of problem?
VOOM 3 Weeks To Get A Tech Out To Replace A Receiver?

Voom probably is low on receivers and had to wait for a shippemnt to come in. However, I understand your frustation of waiting for service. I would ask Voom for a discount off your billing.

lol, low on receivers.....that's a good one
keep making excuses for them, we will never get anything done

Like I posted in the Sat. Guys forum, did you ask for a specific popular time? LIke Friday, or weekends only?

Update 7/27. I got a call from VOOM in work yesterday. They said the CSR made a mistake. They were here this morning and replaced the box. Great customer service and thank you to Dave at VOOM.

Here is to VOOMING for life...

WTF?? Voom wants $200 for an additional receiver

VOOM Installed Today - Questions