VOOM Installed Today - Questions

targa

Original poster
Jul 25, 2004
Had Voom installed today - I love it already but the installer had a bad diplexer so I cant get locals for a few days.

As for my questions: The installer highly recommended that I have an analog OTA ant. installed because I would have a better chance of getting local channels. He said he could install the digital ant. but said it's huge (6') and would have to go on the roof. I could tell he didnt want to go that route.

From reading this forum I got it in my head they were a bit smaller and didnt necessarily need to go on the roof.
Have I been duped?

Also, They took the DVI cables with them. I dont have a DVI port but I plan on getting a second HD set in the near future that most likely will.
Since Im leasing the equipment, was it ok for the installer to take the DVI cable? Or should it have been left with me?

My main concern is if for some reason I cancel VOOM and send the equipment back, I dont wanna be charged for the missing cable.

Loving VOOM so far - Thanks!

There are no such things as analog or digital antennas. It's either UHF, VHF, or both UHF/VHF. I don't know how Voom will react about the cables. My installer took mine as well and I'm not too worried about it.

targa said:
Had Voom installed today - I love it already but the installer had a bad diplexer so I cant get locals for a few days.

As for my questions: The installer highly recommended that I have an analog OTA ant. installed because I would have a better chance of getting local channels. He said he could install the digital ant. but said it's huge (6') and would have to go on the roof. I could tell he didnt want to go that route.

From reading this forum I got it in my head they were a bit smaller and didnt necessarily need to go on the roof.
Have I been duped?

Also, They took the DVI cables with them. I dont have a DVI port but I plan on getting a second HD set in the near future that most likely will.
Since Im leasing the equipment, was it ok for the installer to take the DVI cable? Or should it have been left with me?

My main concern is if for some reason I cancel VOOM and send the equipment back, I dont wanna be charged for the missing cable.

Loving VOOM so far - Thanks!

depending how far you are from the towers but i can tell the wingard sensor are working great within 45 miles and yes the tech should have left you the dvi cable when they come back to fix the antenna tell them you need the dvi cable.

VOOM 3 Weeks To Get A Tech Out To Replace A Receiver?

New version is expected tonight