VOOM channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

adamevans

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 20, 2006
Have there been any more rumblings about Directv getting the VOOM channels? Not that I don't love all the HD we've been getting added, but...

Well, I know everybody knocks them, but I kinda like 'em. I've had a chance to watch them quite a bit at a friend's house. Specifically, I would REALLY like to have that video game channel (can't remember the name).

So... Has there been any more talk about this?

Have there been any more rumblings about Directv getting the VOOM channels? Not that I don't love all the HD we've been getting added, but...

Well, I know everybody knocks them, but I kinda like 'em. I've had a chance to watch them quite a bit at a friend's house. Specifically, I would REALLY like to have that video game channel (can't remember the name).

So... Has there been any more talk about this?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Dish Network own the Voom channels? If so, I don't think there is any way we'll see DirecTV carrying them.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Dish Network own the Voom channels? If so, I don't think there is any way we'll see DirecTV carrying them.

Voom is owned by Rainbow Media, Rainbow Media, not Echostar.

As for seeing them, Chase Carey, CEO of D*, said that D* would be adding HD channels that people had actually heard of, sounds like that's a no on adding Voom.

VOOM was a welcome space filler when there was a lack of HD programming in general back when Dish first added it. I can't say I miss it that much. I suspect Dish wishes it could reclaim some of the bandwidth now. There IS good stuff on VOOM but it doesn't need to take up that many channels.

Just a thought

I wonder if anyone ever considered the VOOM channels for VOD only. They don't have a ton of content, but some of it is compelling. This would actually be a good fit for VOD.

Not wasting satellite space on the show appearing 30 times throughout the month. It would seem to be a "best of both worlds" scenario.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

In the event of...(bad weather)

HR20 and ST Lockups

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts