VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I hope Dish doesn't get rid of Monsters HD. If that happens, I'll freak out and do something crazy. Like dump Dish.

I am with you, I have had this channel since the beginning of Voom, I will be upset if I lose this channel and will have to switch sides because E* doesnt have NFL package.

I like the $30 DishHD package and the 722 ViP receiver... getting all my HD locals OTA and a great DVR to record many of the channels I have available.. no paying $80 for Time Warner or about the same with D*... If it is true that they are adding more in the coming weeks, I will continue to be happy... and if they keep Rave and Equator I would be more happy.

Methinks the rest of VOOM is doomed tonight... go reload the dish HD ultimate or HD only package page on the official website. The last 5 voom are gone (as well as a new logo for Discovery HD and the absence of the Big Ten Net on the HD Only listing)

Wrong, jaco.

My poll shows 2 to 1 in favor of Voom. You so wish to pretend that you have everyone's best interests at heart and that you are only trying to help. Instead you just show your selfishness by your comments.

That is only because you made the questions in a way to favor your opinion, very easy to do with any poll.

The question is how many will switch service due to lack of VOOM? Only a little over 3% last I checked even when the poll is designed to be in favor of VOOM, what does that tell you?. And when another poll asked a fair question the majority favored adding mainstream HDs over VOOM.

Of course people should be disappointed about VOOM leaving, that proves nothing. It is always good to have more choices whenever possible, but most people understand life is a trade off. If what it takes for DISH to turn things around is to remove VOOM, at least at this time when there is no more room to spare for new HDs, then most people will not make a huge deal out of it. Why because most of us are grown ups, not that self-centered.

BTW your post above sounded like junior if you ask me.

Last edited:

This is going to backfire on Dish. 1. Don't understand why it was a capacity issue for the current additions made yesterday as at least for a few hours everything was carried. 2. Its never good to jump the gun like that in the midst of a court decision that basically gives evidence to the plaintiff in this case. Dish basically started off the field and went into the dugout assuming the umpire was going to call Strike 3 when he actually was going to call a ball. My guess and prediction is that the judge while not issuing a TRO will issue the permanent injunction.

This is going to backfire on Dish. 1. Don't understand why it was a capacity issue for the current additions made yesterday as at least for a few hours everything was carried. 2. Its never good to jump the gun like that in the midst of a court decision that basically gives evidence to the plaintiff in this case. Dish basically started off the field and went into the dugout assuming the umpire was going to call Strike 3 when he actually was going to call a ball. My guess and prediction is that the judge while not issuing a TRO will issue the permanent injunction.

Dish is going to fill up those channels right away. They will then not be able to put VOOM back on. Even if they lost the court case, they will just have to pay some damages, they will not put the channels back up. VOOM as a 15 channel service is over. Dish has pretty much said come up with 5 good channels or we will dump them too. They could have taken down all 15 yesterday if they really were planning on doing so. More likely this is just a signal to VOOM 5 or nothing.

That is only because you made the questions in a way to favor your opinion, very easy to do with any poll.

The question is how many will switch service due to lack of VOOM? Only a little over 3% last I checked even when the poll is designed to be in favor of VOOM, what does that tell you?. And when another poll asked a fair question the majority favored adding mainstream HDs over VOOM.

Of course people should be disappointed about VOOM leaving, that proves nothing. It is always good to have more choices whenever possible, but most people understand life is a trade off. If what it takes for DISH to turn things around is to remove VOOM, at least at this time when there is no more room to spare for new HDs, then most people will not make a huge deal out of it. Why because most of us are grown ups, not that self-centered.

BTW your post above sounded like junior if you ask me.

Whatever makes you feel superior...

Welcome to the Ignore List.

1. The issue is not what they did yesterday but what they plan to do soon, they need room to add more new HDs to fill the 100 HDs goal, the only way to do so is to remove VOOM.

2. The way I read the lawsuit update, there is little chance VOOM can win, DISH has a solid case of VOOM not fulfilling the contract, DISH is allowed to terminate the contract when that happened. The judge pretty much agreed.

Yes indeed looks like the rest of VOOM is GONE as of tonight.

Dish has updated it's message on the Retailer Website.

VOOM Take Down
Effective May 12th (11:59pm EST) 2008, the full VOOM HD Line-up is no longer available on DISH Network. DISH Network continues to be the leader in providing the best movies, sports and entertainment in High Definition.

In order to provide customers with top quality entertainment, DISH Network continually evaluates and at times, makes changes to our channel line-up. We are excited to announce the addition of over 20 new high definition channels which will provide our customers the top rated channels including The Weather Channel HD, Disney HD East, Bravo HD and Cartoon HD. As of result of these additions, we have removed some channels that are less popular with our customers. These channels are not available with any other satellite provider. The VOOM lineup removed consists of 10 HD channels.

Watch for even more high definition channels over the upcoming weeks as DISH Network grows to over 100 of the best national HD channels by end of year.

Thanks for supporting DISH Network!

I will wait to see, I am hoping that they will bring back some of the channels and this is a plot by Dish to get what they want from VOOM. This is sad and I am ready to jump to the other side as much as I have defended Dish, its just very dissapointing.

It will be interesting to see if E* continues to try to charge $20 for the top tier HD package after removing all 15 VOOM channels.

I have always liked having the VOOM channels, but if I had very limited bandwidth and had to compete against D* and cable, there is no way I'd allocate 15 channels to VOOM. I'd only do that if I had surplus bandwidth & transponders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CONGRATS ECHOSTAR! 922 wins best of CES award!

Just wanted to say THANKS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts