VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I will wait to see, I am hoping that they will bring back some of the channels and this is a plot by Dish to get what they want from VOOM. This is sad and I am ready to jump to the other side as much as I have defended Dish, its just very dissapointing.

I'm talking with my wife about switching. I need to research it more. I've heard Dish has a slightly better picture, so I'm not sure yet. Also I'm a slave to my DVR recordings right now....that is until I can figure out out to burn them to an HD source.

Overall this is horrible and I will downgrade my subscription as soon as all of this plays out. :(
Where else can I get the older Jackie Chan movies or the countless good horror movies in HD.

The whole VOOM deal has become a complete joke. Why would Dish one day put up that "you get your favorite VOOM channels" then on the next day take down the rest??

The whole VOOM deal has become a complete joke. Why would Dish one day put up that "you get your favorite VOOM channels" then on the next day take down the rest??
They determined that Joe Sixpack didn't read that message so it didn't matter.

If, someone from Rainbow Media is reading this: VOOM would be an amazing suite of programming for VOD, seriously. It might be your only true chance at survival after May 14th.

Just went to E*'s web page. Clicked under Offers on "Order Online" as if I were a new customer ordering programming. In Section 2, one selects what HD package you wish to subscribe to. If you click on "DishHD Ultimate" it shows a listing of the channels.

As of right now, it still shows all of the VOOM channels in that package. Thus at this moment, E* is enticing people to subscribe with fraudulent offers.

I am pissed that they are removing Monsters HD. I called Dish and told them if they remove it, I will switch to DirectTV.

I am pissed that they are removing Monsters HD. I called Dish and told them if they remove it, I will switch to DirectTV.

Thats telling them Bruuce!!!

To bad about 17 million Dish subs didn't do the same.;)

I did not realize how much that i watched them till now.
I will be bummed when Rave is gone, I watch that one a lot.
This just stinks.

Just went to E*'s web page. Clicked under Offers on "Order Online" as if I were a new customer ordering programming. In Section 2, one selects what HD package you wish to subscribe to. If you click on "DishHD Ultimate" it shows a listing of the channels.

As of right now, it still shows all of the VOOM channels in that package. Thus at this moment, E* is enticing people to subscribe with fraudulent offers.
I doubt the fraudulent intent, it's probably just simple incompetence.

Well it probably won't help matters, but a few of us are talking about it on the Fangoria boards.

I am just picking at you.:)

Don't blame you either. I have both Dish and Direct and for about 12 hours I was feeling really good about both of them. Direct with it's successful launch of D11 and it finally looked like Dish was about to turn the corner until this mishap.

As Scott had said earlier today "it is only tv":)

Thats telling them Bruuce!!!

To bad about 17 million Dish subs didn't do the same.;)

No, but it's just another one on the pile of a 89% decline. Dish better start taking notice, they can't afford to be losing loyal customers when they can't get new ones.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CONGRATS ECHOSTAR! 922 wins best of CES award!

Just wanted to say THANKS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts