VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Do I have inside knowledge? No. But, it seems fairly obvious. It takes Dish a couple minutes to turn off channels. There is no reason to go to all the trouble to change the web site to take off 10 channels and leave 5 up. Not to mention turning off 10 and leaving 5 up for 1 day. Then having to go update the web site again.

One would speculate (yes speculate) based on reading of the lawsuit, Dish wanted tiered VOOM. VOOM said no (and sued). When Dish won the ruling they told VOOM they wanted to carry just 5 channels and tier them or no VOOM on Dish. The updated the web pages, added the new HD (well HD in name) channels, did the swap, sent out email to all the HD customers, etc. They send out retailer emails explaining they dropped the unpopular channels. This would be a very strong signal that they were only going to carry 5 channels. VOOM had to have said no to the arrangement for them to turn around 24 hours later and take down the rest of the channels. They obviously must have said no before the conference call where Charlie Ergan said VOOM was going to go away completely.

It is just way too much work to do a 2 phased drop of channels 24 hours apart if there was not negotiations going on in the background.

ok it is all speculation on your part. that is fine with me just do not stay it as a fact. In one of your post sounded like a fact when it is your own speculation. Voom has yet to make a statement about it. The only thing they said was no comment since they are still in litigation.

What DISH needs is to quickly vacate all VOOM channels and then quickly uplink a bunch of new HDs, and begin advertising the leader in HD value, $29.99 for 100 HDs. That will put all other HD carriers on defense.

For each VOOM sub they lose they can gain 100 new HD subs with that package:)

Dish: worst company in the history of the entertainment industry.
:up Dish has shown to have little commitment to HD. They're not even followers. They seem to be proven bunglers.
I dropped to essentials right away. Fish HD as an ultimate! What a joke.
I was hoping this would soon pass as just another one of Dish's stupid short sighted moves. But after reading more posts it seems clear if you want HD Dish is a waste of time.

Like them or not Voom was 24/7 HD and something unique to Dish. Should have been a PR plus not a negative.

Direct offers what we've been waiting for and more. Even Uverse has enough. When Voom was the only difference why stay? DVR or not.

Reduced my HD pack and got $10 monthly credit for the next 6 months. Migration plan begins today.

So is it safe to say its all over for VOOM as a company?

What happens now? Will someone come in, pick up the pieces and make a new horror or Kung Fu channel?

Believe me people will get over it, it happened once already with VOOM, the second time is going to be easier.

everything is relative but Dish Network reputation will remain with lots of people and will travel by word of mouth. I will now sit down and consider turning my $140 bill over to DirecTv. Now only I have stuck with Dish Network expecting a different story. I have to make a good assesment of how much I am going to spend. Dish Network disspointed me as a company to give my money to. I am looking in other directions as of now.

So is it safe to say its all over for VOOM as a company?

What happens now? Will someone come in, pick up the pieces and make a new horror or Kung Fu channel?

voom still exists in CVC. Rainbow Media the company that owns them has various international contracts including canada. Just because they are gone from Dish Network does not mean they will not exist anymore somewhere else.

:up Dish has shown to have little commitment to HD. They're not even followers. They seem to be proven bunglers.
I dropped to essentials right away. Fish HD as an ultimate! What a joke.
I was hoping this would soon pass as just another one of Dish's stupid short sighted moves. But after reading more posts it seems clear if you want HD Dish is a waste of time.

Like them or not Voom was 24/7 HD and something unique to Dish. Should have been a PR plus not a negative.

Direct offers what we've been waiting for and more. Even Uverse has enough. When Voom was the only difference why stay? DVR or not.

Reduced my HD pack and got $10 monthly credit for the next 6 months. Migration plan begins today.

Now if any of you had the guts you would have already canceled DISH. BTW if you do wish to switch to DirecTV do not miss my thread in the DirecTV Forum, where you would agree it was the best deal ever.

Now I am going to soon start a new thread in the Dishnetwork Forum on how to get the best deal for the DISH HDs, as soon as they make the 100 HDs goal.

HDTV for all folks! It's Charlie's turn.

voom still exists in CVC. Rainbow Media the company that owns them has various international contracts including canada. Just because they are gone from Dish Network does not mean they will not exist anymore somewhere else.

You can still get them from Interactive Optimum also. But are these enough to keep them alive?

If I could get them in my area I would.

What DISH needs is to quickly vacate all VOOM channels and then quickly uplink a bunch of new HDs, and begin advertising the leader in HD value, $29.99 for 100 HDs. That will put all other HD carriers on defense.

For each VOOM sub they lose they can gain 100 new HD subs with that package:)

But Voom customers pay their bills on time and pay a premium. The upkeep on the clients they seem to want to attract will cost them dearly.

But Voom customers pay their bills on time and pay a premium. The upkeep on the clients they seem to want to attract will cost them dearly.

yeah... it seems like they do not value that. Good customers are a thing of the past. It does not matter whether you paid or not. Dish Network has shown very low class in dealing with this latest issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts