VOOM Goes BOOM - update Dish Drops all 15 VOOM Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I miss my MonstersHD. I still get emails from them with schedule updates.

Since the loss of Voom I've dropped my premium channels as much as possible. I just can't justify the $100 a month anymore.

People thought Voom played the same programming too often. You should see what HBO plays every month.

Difference is people will actually pay more for HBO.

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg
Spatch, we've missed you...let's pass out the lumber and give Spatch a wood shampoo.:rolleyes: Seriously, if you don't want to hear about VOOM then don't read threads that contain "VOOM" in the title.;)

Fine. As I suggested, start the topic in the general TV forum. However, Voom is no longer a Dish topic. It's gone from Dish and not coming back.

Plus, it's not like anyone here is posting anything new. There is no news, hence nothing constructive to discuss.
THis is where we agreed to discuss VOOM. If you don't like it, don't read it. All you moderator wannabe's are getting irritating.

Could Stahl leaving be a good thing for Voom possibilities? Charlie could toss him under the bus, say he was the impediment to negotiations, and come riding in on his white horse to play hero and save the day. Maybe that is just wishful thinking...........Given the fact E* owns what 20% of Voom, how could they not want it on their service. That still boggles my mind.
You would think with their high end receivers and 8psk technology they would want to cater to the High End Tech Savvy consumer, and my guess is, that consumer would want Voom.

I would be interested to see the demographics for the Voom subscribers. My guess is, they were the tech savvy, bill paying, high tier service customers. Just the ones I would have thought Charlie would have wanted to keep happy.

Has you new daughter said "VOOM" yet?

You know, I agreed with Rey a few posts up (if you dont like the voom bitching, dont read), and I dont know anyones history in this thread (or remember anyway), but unless this is an inside joke between you two, thats a low blow.

The Incredible Melting Man

Crap... I've been wanting to see this. It's not on DVD that I'm aware of which makes it a real treat.

I'm sure it was stupid, but I recall being creeped out and frightened I might run into the melting man when walking through the forest behind my house. Took a few months to get over that - lol.

Only a true horror fan would be familiar with "The Incredible Melting Man" hence the reason Monsters HD would carry it.

I miss my MonstersHD. I still get emails from them with schedule updates.

Since the loss of Voom I've dropped my premium channels as much as possible. I just can't justify the $100 a month anymore.

People thought Voom played the same programming too often. You should see what HBO plays every month.

And just for sheets and giggles, here's my highlights from the MonstersHD schedule for the month of December.

Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Original)
Theatre of Blood (Vincent Price)
Night of the Comet
Lord of Illusions
The Raven (Vincent Price)
Night of the Demons
Invaders from Mars
The Video Dead
John Carpenter Documentary
The Incredible Melting Man
Scarecrows
Monster Squad
The Last Man on Earth
Jeepers Creepers
Black Sabbath
Troll 2

Sure I've seen some of these before. But I'm lucky to find 2 shows on HBO that I want to see.

Showing tastes differ, I want to watch none of those films. I loathe horror. But looking at the HBO schedule, I see plenty of possibilities. I don't get why so many of you think posting the Monsters HD scheudle will suddenly make us think that Voom has the best programming ever. We aren't all horror nuts. In fact, I bet most of us aren't.

The premiums definitely have a lot of repeats. But they also have a good amount of new programming. Cinemax has a new movie every Saturday night. No Voom movie channel ever made that kind of guarantee.

It's not a Dish topic.

It should be in the General Satellite and Cable Forum.

Feel free to move it there and discuss all you want.

Thanks !

There is no argument, we agreed with Scott that this would be our only thread and its ok to keep it where it is. Scott was nice enough to keep this for us if you dont like it tell him.

You know, I agreed with Rey a few posts up (if you dont like the voom bitching, dont read), and I dont know anyones history in this thread (or remember anyway), but unless this is an inside joke between you two, thats a low blow.
Cool down, it's a reference to a joke made in another thread. If Spatch has a problem with it I'm sure he'll let me know. I'm pretty sure he has a sense of humor though.

Cool down, it's a reference to a joke made in another thread. If Spatch has a problem with it I'm sure he'll let me know. I'm pretty sure he has a sense of humor though.

Which is why i prefaced the comment. If so thats fine, just seemed a little shallow to the average reader. If thats not the case, no big deal:up

It's not a Dish topic.
It should be in the General Satellite and Cable Forum.
Feel free to move it there and discuss all you want.
Thanks !

This whole thread is a result of an action taken by Dish Network and as such belongs to this forum. We already discussed that and the decision has been made long ago.

Just in case you were all waiting for my post...

I miss GalleryHD, the ONLY truly dedicated Art channel anywhere...there is nothing else like it.

I miss GalleryHD.

There, not the 'Voom revival' thread is complete... ;)

(you know, I would almost petition Scott in the operations center for a 'Voom Nostalgia' thread somewhere under one of the general forum headings...)

I would take VOOM in a heartbeat, repeats and all. Miss the Game channel terribly. Some of the best HD in the whole system. To paraphrase the saying about fishing:

The worst programming on VOOM was better than the best programming on other networks.

Last night I watched "Planet of the Apes" that I had recorded from Monsters. The video and audio were stunning for such an old flick. Voom was the best and I really miss them.

You folks who are just bitching that this thread should not exist are old enough, but perhaps not wise enough, to know how to avoid thread discussions - just stay the frack out. I'm talking to any of you folks who were around and bitching about this thread since May. What makes you think you're really welcome here?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts