Voomers in NYC metro area (including Locals)

anybody else have trouble with CBS-2 today (watching the colts game)thanksgiving day, lots of breakup and signal loss,sound drops too..usually the strongest..new software upgrade or something at their end???

I did not experience any problems with the Colts game. But the wind picked up and it looked like the signal started bouncing all over the place. I have a rotor and I had to adjust the antenna in a different direction than what I usually have it.

This is the best news that I have heard in a while. I have been waiting for this for what seems like forever. Great news!!! I'll be able to get WPIX.....WNET!!!! Also...does this mean that we will get UPN's digital ch?

vinnyv07 said:
This is the best news that I have heard in a while. I have been waiting for this for what seems like forever. Great news!!! I'll be able to get WPIX.....WNET!!!! Also...does this mean that we will get UPN's digital ch?

Yes, we will get WWOR-DT as soon as VOOM remaps the channel from 5-2 to its proper 9-1 channel. It should be the full UPN HD channel. Right now we just have a 480i digital channel on channel 5-2. The new channel should be full 1080i and capable of doing HD.

Why shldnt we get WWORDT if the ch starts airing at its new location? I thought the scan option would pick up all new ch's that are around. I know we woulnd have the correct PG and ch name, but if the VOOM receiver picks up a sig when scanning shouldnt we at least get the ch under no info?

Yeah, I think you would get the channel through scanning, but I may wait until VOOM remaps it. I am afraid if I start scanning and then they remap it there could be problems. Especially with the program guide.

We will see what happens this week....the combiner is set to test at low power with high power testing set for next week.

Well...

Last night I was able to receive ABC--something I haven't been able to do in over a month since the last time they, "fixed," my OTA--it's a good sign. However, still no PBS. :(

The Rickster

GadgetRick said:
Last night I was able to receive ABC--something I haven't been able to do in over a month since the last time they, "fixed," my OTA--it's a good sign. However, still no PBS. :(

The Rickster

I was having problems on ABC (lost) green flashes every few seconds across the top of the screen for about 15 mins..ok on all other stations so?? anybody else notice that

just went to that OTHER forum..lots of complaints about ABC doing this for the last few days..whew so it's not my STB or set..sometimes HD can be such a pain

I saw it too , the green flashes when I was watching LOST last night. Its something that was going on with ABC.

Sean Mota said:
I saw those green flashes last night as well. Waiting for channel 13.
Waiting for the combiner to begin ...some testing. I haven't seen any differences in sigs this week at all.

This is a quote from a member of AVS forum.. Originally posted by dturturro
I just received this encouraging news:

We just received word regarding HDTV transmissions. All Monday night primetime programming (8-10), Veronica Mars, Kevin Hill, and the Friday night episodes of Star Trek: Enterprise, will be aired in HDTV effective December 13th.
Sincerely,
Viewer Services
That means as of Monday of next week in NY UPN will be broadcasting their digital ch....finally!!!! Ch 38

Voom In North Carolina

OTA - Huntsville, AL Stations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts