Voomers in NYC metro area (including Locals)

I just got a response from the engineers at Voom. Best recommendation so far is to wait until the work at the combiner is done. It sounds and looks like things are changing and will be changing at the combiner work progresses. The moto engineers have been in contact with the engineers at the ESB so that when they finally settled or change things they will be able to make the necessary changes to the voom stb.

Hope they get it working soon

The other night I noticed I was receiving NJN. So last night I decided to watch Nature. It was the one about the surfers riding the largest waves recorded in Hawaii. I'd seen it before and there are some spectacular shots of surfers riding 50' (and larger) waves.

Anyway, lasts night NJN was coming in and out. I get this on other channels at times. I get the pic freezing and then the, "No signal..." message then it'll come back after a while. Very frustrating.

When this has happened before I noticed the OTA sig strength was fine but the SNR fluctuates wildly. Has anyone else around here seen this? Do you think this will be fixed when the combiner is fully operational?

I do seem to have a lot more channels in my PG. I never really paid much attention to it but I did notice some channels I'd never noticed before.

The Rickster

Rick,

NJN does not transmit from the ESB but from New Jersey. If I point my antenna to the ESB, I won't get NJN. I need to redirect my antenna (currently using a rotor) a few degrees towards outside the ESB in order to get a decent signal. If you want to get NJN without the signal dropping you may have to do the same. I can tell you that NJN is very picky. The antenna (for my location) needs to be at a specific location in order to get a signal. Luckily, I can still get the other channels from the ESB but sometimes WPIX and ABC are a problem and I have to rotate the antenna back to the ESB.

Hmm...

I know it comes from NJ, I was wondering if they'd added it to the combiner since I can (all of a sudden) receive it...well sort of. Hmm...

What PBS channels are going to be added to the combiner (if any)? I don't care about NJN specifically, I'd like to get PBS to watch Nova and Nature. I'd prefer HD but I'll take SD if that's all I can get for now. I've been without Nova and Nature for quite some time now since switching to Voom. I miss those two programs.

Thanks.

The Rickster

The only one is our local channel 13 but that will not come to light until a year from now. I do not even know if it will be added because channel 13 attitude has been that it only wants to be their HD signal to be carried by cable. Look what they did to the HD signal of WLIW. They pulled it out. They own WLIW.

Hmm...

I've been able to pick up WLIW (not HD of course). The whole PBS situation in this area is just so confusing.

Thanks.

The Rickster

Well, of course I received a new VOOM receiver and I scanned for locals and ch 9 doesnt show up. Im thinking about unhooking the VOOM receiver and hooking my line up to my Directv HD receiver so I can watch UPNDT. HAs anyone found a way to get this ch after they lost it?

I was afraid of that.....Oh Well....Im hoping its fixed soon.

Well, just to let everyone know that doesnt know already. WWOR finally fixed its PG INFO and you are now able to scan the ch. My remapped to 9-1....and for some reason they have FOX on 9-2. Good News...now all we need is for WNET to get its act together.

Yes mine does too...Ithink ch 9 has yet to implement that part yet. I havent seen PG info for ch 9 yet....just the mapping was fixed.

We got the PGI on channel 9-1 !!

VOOM must have mapped the channel for us, because it now says WWORD1 instead of WWOR-DT in the channel name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)