Voomers in NYC metro area (including Locals)

T2k said:
Is this me only or everybody missing 2/3rd of the OTA programs (Ch 0-100) regularly?

Very annoying. :((

What do you mean? I see all the channels on the PG. Did you try to plug/unplug receiver?

Is Todays 6/26 Yank-Met Game On WPIX -11 Gonna Be HD?

Looked like last nights was before the big rains came...

GOOO Yanks...

patrickpiteo said:
Looked like last nights was before the big rains came...

GOOO Yanks...

Nope. Since Fox has the national rights today. Tomorrow the 1:05pm will in WPIX but it will not be in HD since it will be transmitted from Yankee stadium and there are no HD cameras in Yankee Stadium.

Man that really stinks...on both accounts. I would have at least thought the ESPN-HD one would have been. Man the YES / Yanks & Big $ George need to get with it...

patrickpiteo said:
Man that really stinks...on both accounts. I would have at least thought the ESPN-HD one would have been. Man the YES / Yanks & Big $ George need to get with it...

Sorry if I was not clear about the ESPN-HD. Tomorrow the 8:00pm EST on ESPN-HD will be in HD.

The game on Fox is not stretch and it looks great at 720p with black bars on the side. This is what SD channels should look like. :)

Sorry if this has been discussed before....but has anyone in NY received programming on 50-1, 50-2, 50-3 etc.....seems like when I punch those ch's in , I get a black screen...Im really not home during the day...but later at night Im not receiving anything on those ch's. I used to get PBS KIDS and then at night a loop of HD. When i go to the sig meter its at 65 and above...but yet im not getting a picture....anyone getting programming on these ch's?

vinnyv07 said:
Sorry if this has been discussed before....but has anyone in NY received programming on 50-1, 50-2, 50-3 etc.....seems like when I punch those ch's in , I get a black screen...Im really not home during the day...but later at night Im not receiving anything on those ch's. I used to get PBS KIDS and then at night a loop of HD. When i go to the sig meter its at 65 and above...but yet im not getting a picture....anyone getting programming on these ch's?

You are not alone. 50-1 through 50-4 is on the air during the day but when it hits 8pm, they are all off the air.

Yes they are!! Cant believe it. As soon as I wrote it I went up to check the ch's again and there it was...some HD from PBS.

Word has it that NBC-DT is totally off the air.....I cant tell since I have never picked up a sig strong enough to achieve a picture. Maybe they are working on things before the olympics....yea right!!!!

I read at the AVS forum that it is now up....I checked my signal and its the same as it was...not enough for a picture. I was hoping that NBC was trying to move their Ant or something to get me a sig over here on the south side of Staten ISland. But its a no go.

Anyone pick up new channels lately?

I woke up on Friday morning and picked up the following new channels (NY Metro):

66.1 (church channel)
66.2 (West Milford NJ test channel)
31.3 (XPXN1)

I recently had my box replaced and got the new software. The OTA scanning works great. I picked up a lot of channels on the mapping but only a few are broadcasting in digital. Also the new software lets you delete unwanted channels.

This was posted at AVS Forum. It seems that there is one radio station that is blocking the combiner from becoming a reality in NY/NJ. "Here's some correct information concerning WCAA: License was transferred from Hispanic Broadcasting Corp. to Univision - September 2003. Univision's chairman and founder is A. Jerrold Perenchio; corporate offices in L.A. - 310-556-7676. Univision Radio, the parent of WCAA, is headed by McHenry T. Tichenor, Jr. The radio division is headquartered in Dallas - 214-525-7700.

If, as we suspect, WCAA is holding up the combiner, above are the people in power to change the station's position."

I cant watch Met games...or NBC or WNET. The combiner is something I have been waiting for for a while now. Now with NBC getting the oLYMPICS....I will miss them to. Because of this radio stations stubborness, they continue to occupy the space that the combiner needs, all of us in the NY/NJ area that have troube pulling in a HD Ch will continue to do so.

Voom In North Carolina

OTA - Huntsville, AL Stations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)