W5 fixed system

Status
Please reply by conversation.
TVRO

I gotta give you a big Thanks....and you might wonder why ;)

I went out to measure that and noticed that the top bolt that holds the elevation adjustment arm to the top of dish somehow the nut had come loose, fallen off and the bolt was almost off. It was barely hanging there. (the weight of the dish held it in place)

Had I not seen that I probably would have had 2 damaged dishes ;)

duh! I have another dish that is different (and stock model) and probably would be the same as what you got

I measured from the top of the bolt to where the pieces come together and its 14"

That dish is on 99W which for me is at 38.1 elevation in Minneapolis. I used Chicago and 105W and its 38.5 elevation so its very close

Cool thanks for the measurement Ice. What I was going to do is like with my ku dishes use my inclinometer to get angles close and start looking for Quality on the 410. I could get exact #'s off my bud since Im only a couple miles from him, it should be right on.

that would work too. The 410 does take a while to respond

I would do options 6-0-5 arrow to diagnostic c and watch the ebno #...ebno will jump from -3.0 to a + number when its locked on 105 and then you can fine tune it ;)

TVRO

I gotta give you a big Thanks....and you might wonder why ;)

I went out to measure that and noticed that the top bolt that holds the elevation adjustment arm to the top of dish somehow the nut had come loose, fallen off and the bolt was almost off. It was barely hanging there. (the weight of the dish held it in place)

Had I not seen that I probably would have had 2 damaged dishes ;)

Glad you caught that. Sometimes things happen for a reason. My question saved a Bud, what a good reason :D

that would work too. The 410 does take a while to respond

I would do options 6-0-5 arrow to diagnostic c and watch the ebno #...ebno will jump from -3.0 to a + number when its locked on 105 and then you can fine tune it ;)

Thats true I think the ebno updates like every 5 to 10 seconds. I have used the 4D's quality meter before to set up my Hits ku dish originally and it can be a bit tricky. Sometimes too touchy of a meter will drive you crazy like on my 2700 :eek:

Trying to figure out how that came loose....but then again the dish has been set on 99W for almost 6 months now

Only thing I can think of is that nut wasnt really tight because the dish needs to move on the elevation... ;)

Thats true I think the ebno updates like every 5 to 10 seconds. I have used the 4D's quality meter before to set up my Hits ku dish originally and it can be a bit tricky. Sometimes too touchy of a meter will drive you crazy like on my 2700 :eek:

actually its about every 2-3 seconds. Just roughball where 105 is and move very slowly. What I do is tune to a audio channel because they will come in quicker (since audio only) and at a lower ebno #

Trying to figure out how that came loose....but then again the dish has been set on 99W for almost 6 months now

Only thing I can think of is that nut wasnt really tight because the dish needs to move on the elevation... ;)

How about double nutting it? I did that on my actuator.

actually its about every 2-3 seconds. Just roughball where 105 is and move very slowly. What I do is tune to a audio channel because they will come in quicker (since audio only) and at a lower ebno #

Good tip. I was surprised with the 410 today when I hooked it to my bud it got ALTV and DMX from the start and got the guide pretty fast without calling SRL. Did you ever get your 410 to get the W5 map?

since I really dont move that dish much I'll just tighten it pretty good. Where that dish is the LOS is 87-107 which is almost all the same elevation

Good tip. I was surprised with the 410 today when I hooked it to my bud it got ALTV and DMX from the start and got the guide pretty fast without calling SRL. Did you ever get your 410 to get the W5 map?

nope. After doing a master reset I had it sit on 204 (which gave me the green light) and it never mapped. The cable channels mapped (2-99) but nothing else did :(

nope. After doing a master reset I had it sit on 204 (which gave me the green light) and it never mapped. The cable channels mapped (2-99) but nothing else did :(

Must need a HIT from SRL for there specific maps. The 410 even has a "Satellite Receivers Limited" icon on the guide. Didn't I hear somewhere that SRL or Skyvision was going to start allowing any 410's to get mapped for a fee?

UPDATE

Went to site yesterday to do the finalizing of dish placement etc. I was checking out the Fortec Star 6 foot dish I had shipped there. It's a nice piece, Im looking forward to getting it together and up and running. I have the 410 and Geosat pro LNBF here now the Geosat LNBF is nice also.

The next stage is a friend of mine who is a machinist is coming up with the platform /structure design we will use to mount this thing on the flat roof. Once built and installed I can put the dish together and get it aligned and setup on the 410.

Oh well... Comcast will be loosing a long time cable subscriber for years within the next month :p and a new C band subscriber and user has been born. :D

I will update project progress from time to time here.

C BAND FOREVER!!!! :):):):) :up:up:up:up

Oh well... Comcast will be loosing a long time cable subscriber for years within the next month :p and a new C band subscriber and user has been born. :D

I will update project progress from time to time here.

C BAND FOREVER!!!! :):):):) :up:up:up:up

Very cool.. AND.. C-Band doesn't experience rain fade like the small pizza-pan dishes do.

Very cool.. AND.. C-Band doesn't experience rain fade like the small pizza-pan dishes do.

Yes indeed. It will be interesting once it's all put together and set up. Plans have been drawn up for the base that will be used. Now it's a matter to get the parts and put the jigsaw puzzle together :)

I look forward to the pics of the mount, TVRO. :)

I had mine up on a wooden pallet and hated the way it looked. I was curious what some others would have come up with for a permanent professional look. We were discussing putting mine back together here yesterday.

I didn't like the way the bolts went through the dish petals and put washers on mine for additional strength during assembly. I would definitely have a helping hand available. These dishes are awkward for one person. We assembled ours in the living room the first time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts