Walmart Seals Deal to Buy VIZIO

The Paramount+ app is kind of a turd on Google TV and, from what I hear, on Fire TV too. (It's basically the same app, I guess, since both OSes are Android.) But their app for Apple TV is pretty good.
If Roku was not available, I would move to a Apple unit well before any of the Googles.

Reactions: KAB
For me, the hands down argument against TVOS is having to use arc or e-arc for external audio, thus forcing CEC into the mix. That Is something I always steer clear of.

For me, the hands down argument against TVOS is having to use arc or e-arc for external audio, thus forcing CEC into the mix. That Is something I always steer clear of.
I have all of my devices including my Apple TV connected to my Denon AVR via HDMI and then HDMI from that AVR to my Vizio. I let the Denon be the switch controlled by my Harmony remote. My Vizio, on the other hand, has the ability to use arc without CEC enabled. That works to stream Atmos from the Vizio via that same HDMI back to the Denon.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Agreed, everything goes into my processor, out to the TV, no eArc, no CEC.

When I was using eArc, while I was deciding what processor to purchase, nothing but drop outs and everything I would turn my PS5 off, major pops in the speakers.

Now doing it direct, never a issue, also when using Google TV on the Sony, certain apps would not work at times, Paramount+ was the worse.

I disable CEC on my living room ATV4K because of issues.

ATV4K -> AVR -> TV

The big complaint I have is I cannot pass the actual audio format, whether DTS or DD or whatever from the ATV4K to the AVR. Having the ATK4K decode those formats and pass either PCM or DD 5.1 or Stereo is not my desired solution. That said, when I had an NVIDIA Shield that would pass the correct audio format, it would not pass the correct video format (HDR/DV), so tradeoffs...

On the other three TVs (each with a different soundbar) in my house, HDMI-CEC with the ATV4K works great.