Want to know when D* is launching the new HD Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When you think about it, why should we have to pay extra in the first place? The government mandated the change to digital transmission, so these channels will be transmitting in HD anyhow. (Don't waste space arguing how they don't have to transmit a HD signal, just a digital one. Eventually they will all be HD regardless). So when everything is HD, whats different (besides HD) from when they were analog or just OTA? I can see paying for the premium packages, we've always done that. It's still the same channels, just broadcast in a different frequency spectrum.

The goverment only mandated that OTA signals go digital not the rest of them.

As a contractor, one thing Ive noticed is that as a company grows, its harder to upkeep high customer service and satisfaction.

Verizon should be doing great now with only 400-500k subs, question will be:

What will happen when they have 13mil and 16mil like E* and D*

VOL has 1million now.

I'm new to this site...did HD98 NGC have a sneak preview early this morning at 2:30 am ? I set my alarm to see it but didn't get up until 3:30 am and it was no longer there...I have the total choice package, with the networks, HBO & Showtime package(just for the Boxing mostly), and am now thinking of getting Starz again before the new HD channels lights up. From the discussion on here maybe if I have Starz, that'll be grandfathered in too...any comments ?

I'm new to this site...did HD98 NGC have a sneak preview early this morning at 2:30 am ? I set my alarm to see it but didn't get up until 3:30 am and it was no longer there...I have the total choice package, with the networks, HBO & Showtime package(just for the Boxing mostly), and am now thinking of getting Starz again before the new HD channels lights up. From the discussion on here maybe if I have Starz, that'll be grandfathered in too...any comments ?

Normally the NGC previews are only 30 minutes long, if you have a DVR try recording it so you can sleep thru the night. the preview is not that important !

Jimbo

FIOS TV doesn't have 1 Million subs yet!

167,000 net new FiOS TV customers in quarter, 515,000 total FiOS TV customers

If you include Directv video subs under Verizon, total TV subs is 1.3 million. They just passed the 1 million mark for FIOS internet though back in July, 1.1 million!

Verizon Posts Strong 2Q 2007 Results Highlighted by Gains in Earnings, Consolidated Margins and Cash Flows

Well that only from qtr 2.
C'mon Vurbano they need you to make that million.

I have been with directv 12 yrs. and I'll tell you one thing if they raise the price they can skip me wmj5@aol.com
!!!!!

Where can you get a better deal? DirecTV is almost always cheaper than cable, and Dish won't have most of the new channels for some time yet. They need to launch a satellite first, and why would you assume they would give away free what DirecTV and Cable charge for? Just wondering.:)

When you think about it, why should we have to pay extra in the first place? The government mandated the change to digital transmission, so these channels will be transmitting in HD anyhow. (Don't waste space arguing how they don't have to transmit a HD signal, just a digital one. Eventually they will all be HD regardless). So when everything is HD, whats different (besides HD) from when they were analog or just OTA? I can see paying for the premium packages, we've always done that. It's still the same channels, just broadcast in a different frequency spectrum.

DirecTV (and Dish for that matter) have always been 100% digital. HD takes a LOT more bandwidth than just digital (which we already have on DirecTV). Who do you think should pay for DirecTV's 4 new satellites (2 last year, 1 this year and 1 next year)? The government????

Get real. The people who use a service should pay for it. In the case of satellite TV, there is already plenty of competition to keep prices under control. (I can choose from OTA, Dish, DirecTV and Comcast).

Why can't they have a "HD" only package..........................all I want is HD, no SD at all

VOL has 1million now.
VOL <> FIOS. Verizon Online includes a substantial number of Verizon DSL subscribers.

The issue here isn't how many customers Verizon's ISP business has. What we're talking about is how many TV customers the FIOS service has and that has very little to do with what's going on a VOL.

I'll ask again, why do we have to pay for HD?
Because it costs roughly four times as much money to deliver. The re-transmission rights may be the same or more.

Where you've gone terribly wrong is that you're assuming that bandwidth is infinite and exists solely for your personal TV viewing enjoyment. Nowhere is this driven home harder than at DIRECTV where they had to take several channels (including MLB HD and TNT HD) offline yesterday to service their Sunday Ticket junkies. Bandwidth is precious and must be used to offer the best balance of programming and revenue.

If you can figure out a way to fit the HD version into the same bandwidth as the SD version, I'm betting that DIRECTV would give you a break on the HD channels. Until that time, for each HD channel they offer, they have to choose three to five SD channels to not carry at all.

Who do you think should pay for DirecTV's 4 new satellites (2 last year, 1 this year and 1 next year)? The government????

I have been paying for the new sats for the last several years, ever since they decided to charge us $10.99 or 9.99 which ever for the priviledge of watching their 4-5 HD channels.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)