Was DISH Robbed at CES?

But anyone who knows anything about the topic will know that it was a bs decision and realize how petty CBS and CNET are based off of this decision. Any informed consumer will look into a product before purchasing anyways and most likely see something regarding this non sense.

Still if your in the running ad you win you shouldn't be pulled and they shouldn't of been in the awards running with the lawsuit they had with Dish if they had a chance of winning and I bet CNET didn't think they wooud win and it is all CNET(CBS) fault on this one imo :) I agree with you lucky I always look into things before I buy them :)

I'm sure Charlie is crying on his pillow over this.

But actually they will probably get more attention over this than they would winning the award.

But I agree if your involved in a lawsuit with anybody why would you give them an award for their product, that is the reason you are suing them.

I'm sure Charlie is crying on his pillow over this.

But actually they will probably get more attention over this than they would winning the award.

But I agree if your involved in a lawsuit with anybody why would you give them an award for their product, that is the reason you are suing them.

I bet they will get alot of attention over this and may help them in the long run :)

I don't know why you are all defending Dish.

I don't blame CBS one bit in their decision. When your in a lawsuit, why would you do anything to benefit the person you are trying to sue.

Where this will hurt dish is that they will not be able to promote the hopper as winning an award, and it may cost them a few potential customers who research before they buy.

Shades of baseball!! The money guys are torn between doings whats right and "the money".

It's foolish to presume that Dish was in the lead and then CBS pushed for them to be disqualified. Just the fact that they were nominated should be bad enough for CBS.

That said, if I were Dish, I'd still do some promotions saying "The Hopper was nominated for (whatever the award was) but mysteriously disqualified minutes before the winner was announced due to a pending lawsuit....". Well, on the other hand, they probably don't want to mention that lawsuit either !

I don't blame CBS one bit in their decision. When your in a lawsuit, why would you do anything to benefit the person you are trying to sue.

Where this will hurt dish is that they will not be able to promote the hopper as winning an award, and it may cost them a few potential customers who research before they buy.
Totally Agree!

Cuz that is what they do here.....

No, because what cbs did was wrong. Regardless of what side you take on the lawsuit, cbs' actions on this were childish. If they did not want to have dish as eligible then they should not have been in the running at all. Not at the last minute just so they would not win.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

Is CNET an objective electronics news magazine/blog, or a corporate shill for CBS/Viacomm. If it is an objective authority on electronics and the industry, then the law suit should have no baring. If it is a corporate shill for CBS, then I would agree with you, Claude.

I don't blame CBS one bit in their decision. When your in a lawsuit, why would you do anything to benefit the person you are trying to sue......

Oh, I don't know- PROFESSIONALISM?

.....Where this will hurt dish is that they will not be able to promote the hopper as winning an award, and it may cost them a few potential customers who research before they buy.

Take off YOUR blinders. The publicity over this alone will be worth more. And for some key, knowledgeable people, who are trendsetters, this will cost CNET and CBS due to lost credibility. The "winner" will be derided as having a tainted win, and isn't even in competition with Hopper.

Charlie's crap aside, CBS is truly a crap company when it comes to imposing their personal preferences on others. Look at their radio division. In the last six years they have stripped all originality from the FM band to drone women and teens into everybody likes pop mentality, and men into all people want to hear is other men talk about sports.
Clearchannel had already homogenized the radio market long before that.

Sure it is a nice product, but still just a satellite receiver. not like anyone could not live without it. Big money flexing it's mussels, bottom line.

People in the know will choose based on their own decisions, not some third party's. those not in the know are sheep....LOL

Integrity?

We know why you're defending CBS. Actually, it would be anyone who's on the other side of "vs. Dish".

CBS comes off pretty petty on this, they should have taken the high road and stayed the heck out of the awards by their division... dish could use this against them as a selling point.
I can a very funny commercial coming.

This is actually pretty bad for Broadcast TV in General. As these companies look to acquire more media companies left and right, pulling stuff like that is going to make it harder and harder for the FTC to let those acquisitions go forward. If CBS has decided that CNET news can be their personal megaphone for corporate policy, I expect Cnet may find themselves paying the price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)