Way to go RTV!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
Sad to say that here in the DC area we will be losing RTV at about the time this hits the schedule.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
May 23, 2009
Texas
I wish someone (MeTV would be my preference) would carry the Munsters and The Addams Family.

Another oldie I loved when I was little was Ma and Pa Kettle..

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
They are adding some new series and some are leaving

We haven't had much RTV news lately, but they will be adding some new programs next week (Monday, June 25). Joining the retro line-up will be The Real McCoys, The Joey Bishop Show, Hopalong Cassidy, The Colgate Comedy Hour, Tarzan and The Adventures of Jim Bowie. Of course with these additions, there will be some shows that will of course be leaving the schedule to make way for these new acquisitions. Off the line-up come next week will be The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, The Rifleman, Daniel Boone, and Peter Gunn.
The new schedule will feature Hopalong Cassidy and The Real McCoys weeknights in the 6pm hour, replacing Daniel Boone. Tarzan will air weekdays at 11:30am and paired with Cisco Kid at 11a. The Joey Bishop Show will air on Saturdays at 5:00pm & 5:30pm, replacing The Rifleman. Other new show schedule includes Colgate Comedy Hour on Saturdays at 7pm and The Adventures of Jim Bowie on Sundays at 3pm. That's about it, you can still find series like The Bill Cosby Show, Route 66, Naked City, Movin' On, Highway to Heaven, Starsky & Hutch and Police Story on the schedule.

in other words
Starting June 25.
Coming
The Real McCoys
Joey Bishop Show
Hopalong Cassidy
Colgate Comedy Hour
Tarzan
The Adventures of Jim Bowie

Leaving
Ozzie and Harriet
The Rifleman
Daniel Boone
Peter Gunn

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
I wonder if Ozzie & Harriet or some of the other shows lost will become available on RTV's My Family TV channel.

Anyone know if or when RTV2 will appear?

Corrado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2007
Hudson Valley Region, NY
I personally haven't enjoyed watching much of anything on RTV for quite some time. Antenna TV and MeTV get air time in my household everyday for my taste in retro TV programming instead.

I wish RTV would listen to what I've seen suggested in numerous threads here over the years for what people want to see.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I personally haven't enjoyed watching much of anything on RTV for quite some time. Antenna TV and MeTV get air time in my household everyday for my taste in retro TV programming instead.

agreed. I have numerous timers set for Antenna TV programming and a few for MeTV

But I think when it comes down to programming rights...its all about how much $$$$$ ya got and I hate to say it but Tribune (AntennaTV) and Weigel (MeTV) probably have deeper pockets than Luken does

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
May 23, 2009
Texas
I used to like Hazel, haven't seen that in decades.. :(

Another I would LOVE to see again is the kids from the 30's. I think it was called Our Gang for some time and also The Little Rascals.
That was cute and good, clean fun. I guess some people got their panties in a bunch over the way things were back then and they declared the shows to be culturally insensitive. Oh please......
Get over it already and put the shows back on please!

:)

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Once I get my microHD, I know it will be on all the time .... and my wife will be watching River broadcasting! I can run the 12VDC TV from 2 "battery maintainer 'toys' solar panels (advertised as 9 watts each - really about 4 watts) with 11 NiCad AA batteries almost all day. The microHD may work on the same setup! Especially if I can stay on KU band with the SL2 LNBFs. They seem to draw the least current of any LNBFs I have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)