Wayward Pines

Now this one looks interesting. I just hope that it does not end up like other SciFi like shows and get canceled before we get any answers.

Guess I have until May to read the third book in the series.

Didn't know there was a trailer available. Looks like it follows the book pretty closely.

Having read the books, the first episode is pretty close to it. of course, I know what is going on. If it is truly a mini-series of the trilogy, could be interesting. Surprising choice of actor for Ethan Burke.

Having read the books, the first episode is pretty close to it. of course, I know what is going on. If it is truly a mini-series of the trilogy, could be interesting. Surprising choice of actor for Ethan Burke.

I think I'll record a few before watching. Is this supposed to cover the entire series or just the first book?

Looks like a "Twin Peaks" redo .

Ha! The author of the novels said he was inspired by Twin Peaks, but no, this is not a cheap re-do. :)

I think I'll record a few before watching. Is this supposed to cover the entire series or just the first book?

I don't know the answer to that. They are not long books, and the first hour covered a good part of the first book. My gut says all three, but if the "mini-series" is going to be continued, that is unclear to me. I just finished the first episode, it was pretty good.

Ha! The author of the novels said he was inspired by Twin Peaks, but no, this is not a cheap re-do. :)

I don't know the answer to that. They are not long books, and the first hour covered a good part of the first book. My gut says all three, but if the "mini-series" is going to be continued, that is unclear to me. I just finished the first episode, it was pretty good.

Maybe they can give us a better ending then the author did. ;)

I watched the pilot about a month ago when it was available on On Demand. If found it interesting and eerie and will tune into all 9 remaining episodes. With M. Night Shyamalan I've found his work can either be really, really good (The Sixth Sense, Devil, Signs) or really, really, really stupid (The Happening, The Village, Lady In The Water). There is no in between. So I'm expecting this to be the same way. At the end of episode 10 I'm expecting to either be like WOW! That was awesome or be like WTF did I just waste 10 hours of my life watching.

I do like these limited series. Not every show can be drawn out into 22 episodes a year, with many meaningless episodes in the middle. I will always watch a one and done series if it's about something that is of interest. A few years ago on CBS I liked the murder mystery Harper's Island. Last year Hostages, this past year Gracepoint (which aside from the ending I felt was MUCH better then Broadchurch) and now Wayward Pines.

Was the 2nd episode suppose to show tonight ?
If so, I only set to record the 1st maybe, but thats very unlike me to only do the SP of something.
My DVR didn't record it and I'm not seeing it available online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts