Weird OTA Problem

MC118

Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
I have been a VOOM subscriber for 4 months now. I am overall pretty pleased (imagine that), and except for a few problems with some of the common issues everyone seems to have am really enjoying it. After the software update, I hadn't attempted the OTA scan because I got all of my channels in my DMA (Oklahoma City). But then my FOX (25-1) and WB (34-1) added 25-2 and 34-2 to carry the HD programming (then later flip flopped so I ultimately had no need to scan). Short story long, the scan brought in 25-2 but no PSIP data for 34-2 yet.

A strange side effect of scanning was that one of my independent locals was showing HD programming (blocks of HDNet) on 52-1 and SD on 52-2. The weird thing about this is the PG (and local listings) had them just the opposite, with the HD on 52-2. The scan correctly picked them up as KSBI-SD on 52-1 and KSBI-HD on 52-2; however, now I am getting identical SD feeds on both with no HD feed?!? I tried VOOM's famous CSR, but was told twice to re-scan--I have repeatedly re-scanned (with the STB tuned to a sat channel, an OTA channel, the OTA channel I am trying to bring in, etc) to no avail. Is my only option to get the HD feed back at this point a Factory Reset to pull in my original DMA? I see that it's not really recommended, but I thought it might be worth a try.

Any help is greatly appreciated--

HDNet is now expanding into the OTA realm. You may begin to see options in local markets to subscribe to the service via local HD capable stations.

Actually, the HD feed (blocks of HDNet) is still very much there and does not require subscription, I am just not getting it anymore since the OTA scan...

MC118,

if you do not get a solution, send me an Email to Sean_Mota@satelliteguys.us with the information above. I will send it to the Engineers and see what they say about it. It may be some coding problem with those two channels. I can ask and it doesn't hurt.

I did do the re-set, which gave me back the HD feed at 52-1. Then I changed the channel and later changed back; the double SD feeds had returned on 52-1 and 52-2! Maybe it is a coding issue, hopefully the Engineers can help. Sent you an e-mail Sean, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)