Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

ap4e

May 19, 2010
asia
hi.... i'm newbie in this forum, but many interesting topic inside. seeing that there is a very informative discussion and could certainly expand my knowledge.

keefer53

May 21, 2010
TN
Howdy!!

Greetings all. Brand new here, would appreciate a bit of help getting to the folks that could steer me toward a solution. I have a VIP 612 with DishNetwork and would like to set up a wireless ethernet connection with my computer to facilitate Video on Demand. I would be grateful for any usable information.
thanx,
Keefer

jmm4600

Jan 12, 2006
Newbie first post

Hello everyone! I have been a Dish Network (E*) subscriber for the last 6 years and currently have 2 vip211's with EHD's attached for DVR capability. Have been lurking around for a while, great forum, have learned a lot, here and the 'other guys' forum!

tedkolb

May 23, 2010
Hawaii
Aloha!

Thanks for all the great info here on these forums. I used the info to determine which satellite provider to pick as well as find info on our unique situation here in Hawaii.

Just ordered my Dish system for install next Monday (May 31st, 2010). Americas Top 120 plus HD with one 722 Duo DVR and two 211 HD Receivers.

I'm glad to be canceling my Oceanic/Time Warner Cables over priced services but unhappy that I will no longer be getting a few favorite channels because I'm not willing to pay $13 extra for the Top 200 or an extra $23 for Top 250. (BBC America and Nat Geo to name a few)

Also, why can't we (Hawaii subscribers) get HD Theater, HD Net and Paladia HD in our Top 120 package like all the mainland subscribers?

And lastly, why do we pay an extra $5 on top of all the published package prices?

Well, I guess that's the price we pay for living in paradise, as they say here on the islands "lucky you live Hawaii"

Aloha

nautical28

May 25, 2010
NC, USA
Thanks for the welcome

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all our new members to SatelliteGuys.US! Yesterday was the busiest new member signups day ever in the history of SatelliteGuys.US with 175 new members joining us!

We want all of our members to feel at home here at SatelliteGuys, if you are a new member why not take a moment to say hello and tell us about yourself.

Welcome home to SatelliteGuys, we are happy to have you here!

Thanks for the welcome. Just got my first FTA a Diamond 9000 HD and am having a fit trying to get it to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cbandmark

May 25, 2010
Portland OR
Hello Satellite Guys,

I am new to your forum, though not new to satellite television as I have had Cband since 1995 and hail from Portland, OR.

When Netlink-Turner converted their Cband customers, I went with Dish and now have a VIP 722 DVR. However, I didn't drop Cband. I switched to NPS and really enjoy watching 4DTV. After finally getting W5 programmed into my DSR 922 (just found out Dish has a 922 DVR and this leads to a little confusion), I am enjoying Absolute Digital again. I keep Dish around and enjoy the DVR as I can't stand ads and always skip over them when viewing Dish Network.

After NPS discontinued the East Coast Networks, I found the SRL Networks on Skyvision and noticed a marked improvement in the quality of the signals. My plan is to transfer my programming to Skyvision as they expire at NPS.

When I added W5, I noticed that my memory is full at 1920 and my clock is now an hour slow. I'm not comfortable doing the Master Reset without help, so I'm hoping to find a technician in the Portland area to help with technical issues. They seem to have all died or gone away.

Happy to be a member of Satellite Guys and hope to make aquaintances along the way.

Mark in Portland Long live Cband and 4DTV!