Welcome Pack with 2 Receivers?

Larobpra

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
North of "Upstate NY"
I currently have the Welcome Pack with an owned 211 receiver. With the upcoming demise of the wife's SkyAngel I am wondering if I can just add another purchased 211 for her (with the Heartland package for the channels she is losing) and run it off the other line off the lnb? And does it cost more for adding a second owned receiver?

I currently have the Welcome Pack with an owned 211 receiver. With the upcoming demise of the wife's SkyAngel I am wondering if I can just add another purchased 211 for her (with the Heartland package for the channels she is losing) and run it off the other line off the lnb? And does it cost more for adding a second owned receiver?

Yes, you can add a purchased 211 to the account. If you have a line direct off the LNB, yes, you can connect to it. It does cost an extra $7/month for that receiver, whether it is leased or purchased.

yes you can run another receiver off of it. Looking at your sig it says Dish 500. Are there any switches involved? If not then just run a line from the other port in the LNB to the other 211

$7 extra fee receiver....If you already paid the $40 DVR activation fee on the existing 211 to turn it into a DVR then you can also hook up a Hard drive to the new 211 too...no extra charge

yes you can run another receiver off of it. Looking at your sig it says Dish 500. Are there any switches involved? If not then just run a line from the other port in the LNB to the other 211

$7 extra fee receiver....If you already paid the $40 DVR activation fee on the existing 211 to turn it into a DVR then you can also hook up a Hard drive to the new 211 too...no extra charge
No switches and it's a short run from the dish.

I record with my Magnovox DVR but might consider the hard drive thing so she can record if she wants. That was the main gripe with SkyAngel.

Thank you both for the quick answers!

No switches and it's a short run from the dish.
sounds good
I record with my Magnovox DVR but might consider the hard drive thing so she can record if she wants.
for a one time fee of $40 it would cover all 211/211k receivers on the account. And if you hook up an antenna you can record one sat and one OTA channel at the same time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts