Western ARC Puerto Rico- 129 not available

victordesantiago

Original poster
Apr 2, 2014
Puerto Rico
Any plans from Dish to solve this issue?. We only have access to 110 and 119 but 129 has no footprint here nor USVI. There are over forty HD channels that we can not see although we pay the same package prices on all AT's. It is not fair.

No help from CSR's other than "we are working on that".

Any news?

So we do not have any options nor even any hope? Bye Dish.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

But you knew that over three months ago, if not longer. I have always agreed it doesn't seem fair to pay the same and get so many less HD channels. However it's all in your control. Don't subscribe to them, or settle for SD. Since you are leaving DISH obviously there is a better and or cheaper alternative.

http://www.mydish.com/downloads/channel-lineup/channelcardpr.pdf

does 72.7 have any footprint there?
Nope. I have good signal on 61.5, 110, 118 and 119 but no signal from 72.7 or 129 (tried to get either one of them with a 6.5' channel master fiberglass dish but no luck). Long ago (2008) I could get 129 very weakly (signal will come and go).

I ask again, how many alternate options do you have there?
DirecTV Puerto Rico which is lousy when compared to Dish Puerto Rico. Cable TV with their packages (TV, internet and phone) are a better choice than Dish Puerto Rico right now. I stick with Dish because of the NBA season package and for NFL RedZone. Dish is the only one here carrying those.

The new echostar 18 at 110W is probably your last hope (2015 launch). And all depending on how it is designed (no one knows yet).

The new echostar 18 at 110W is probably your last hope (2015 launch). And all depending on how it is designed (no one knows yet).
How so. We already get 110 here. A new sat means maybe better signal in rain I suppose. Unless dish gets additional space by moving to mpeg 4...not much hope

How so. We already get 110 here. A new sat means maybe better signal in rain I suppose. Unless dish gets additional space by moving to mpeg 4...not much hope

All depends on the number of beams and their coverage for the new satellite. The beam patterns may allow more efficient transponder reuse (more spots). Then, they would be looking at shuffling things around to better utilize the total western arc spectrum. It could end up with more transponders available for reuse in your area (or maybe not).

All depends on the number of beams and their coverage for the new satellite. The beam patterns may allow more efficient transponder reuse (more spots). Then, they would be looking at shuffling things around to better utilize the total western arc spectrum. It could end up with more transponders available for reuse in your area (or maybe not).
Thanks for the explanation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts