what a crock of bull about ota

shaun-ohio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
ohio
im still not getting all the local channels i am mapped to receive, so i contact voom and they tell me the same thing that prostar digital told me that i am only mapped to receive 2 ota channels and im only 30 miles from the city of columbus, ohio now voom is trying to tell me that fox,wb, and my local pax channel which is only 5 miles from me, is not digital they are analog, what a joke!!! and they said that they would schedule me another install, even after i told them i didnt want prostar digital to come back to my house for nothing no more. i am mapped to receive 14 local channels and one of them is 61-5 inside voom which shows up on my channel guide with the local channels along with the one on 999, go try to figure this one out? and all of these 14 channels are in my program guide.

and register a second DMA.

One rumor that's been floating around is around July 1st which is later this week. We live in interesting times.

Sean Mota said:
Just wait for OTA scanning, it maybe sooner than expected.

That could only happen if it were released back in May. :D

While we're spreading rumors, I predict we will see it by Wednesday. I also predict it will be a different verision than the one on lostcause's box:lick I further predict there will be a lot of unhappy campers on this forum if something isn't pushed this week.

Shaun, let me guess. Your near Zanesville and WHIZ's signal is so weak you can't pick it up, but with a "normal" STB you would be able to pick up several Columbus stations.

Welcome to the "Land of OTA Disapointments" I'm having the same problem. I have 2 mapped locals Wheeling/Steubenville that I can't get, but I actually receive all but 1 Pittsburgh station.

WSFJ-Newark is on the air, but it is only at 916watts, that power is so low it isn't going to go 5 miles. We have one here that is 4.5Kw and it doesn't go 5 miles.

WCMH-Columbus is on the air with 288Kw STA and should go at least 30 miles.

WSYX-Columbus is on the air and licensed on Ch.13 with 59Kw it's range should be a good 50 miles.

WBNS-Columbus is on the air with 700Kw STA and should go at least 30 miles.

WOSU-Columbus doesn't appear to be on the air yet.

WTTE-Columbus is on the air with 11.2Kw STA and has a range to about 10 miles.

WWHO-Chillicothe is on the air and licensed with 1000Kw. It has a range of about 60 miles.

bryan; actually im halfway in between columbus and zanesville, located in newark, i do receive abc,nbc,cbs, and 5 pbs channels all located in columbus, , thanks for you help, i have no idea why the inside voom channel is included with the local channel guide, plus being on channel 999 also

It's like that for everyone. It shows up on several different channels depending on your EPG region. Here it is on 8-15, sandwiched right between the locals. At least yours is at the end :)

Yeh, I get the V* channel in amongst the locals as I guess everyone else does. Wonder why they are wasting this bandwidth. Perhaps it will go away when they add some other channels-----

FAYRICH said:
Yeh, I get the V* channel in amongst the locals as I guess everyone else does. Wonder why they are wasting this bandwidth. Perhaps it will go away when they add some other channels-----

I don't think they wasting bandthwidth I just think that they are remapping the same content to another channel numbers. Is this correct Wilt? anyone?