What dish is used to receive standard programming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
since most of us have no clue what smitty is saying I'm going with what the D* site shows which is 2 dishes for a SD setup
1 at 101
1 at 72.5

edit: but then on the "locals look up" it doesnt say 2 dishes

Standard Local Channels: Most can receive these local channels using any DIRECTV® System. Certain select markets will require an MPEG-4 capable receiver. If you are eligible to receive local channels from us and don't have the correct equipment now, when you upgrade your receiver online, we will match the proper receiver for your market.

so maybe they did move the SD locals to 99 or 103 in which a Slimline 3 LNB would be installed

since most of us have no clue what smitty is saying I'm going with what the D* site shows which is 2 dishes for a SD setup
1 at 101
1 at 72.5

edit: but then on the "locals look up" it doesnt say 2 dishes

Standard Local Channels: Most can receive these local channels using any DIRECTV® System. Certain select markets will require an MPEG-4 capable receiver. If you are eligible to receive local channels from us and don't have the correct equipment now, when you upgrade your receiver online, we will match the proper receiver for your market.

so maybe they did move the SD locals to 99 or 103 in which a Slimline 3 LNB would be installed
I'm thinking the Slimline has to be used. I thought right around when E* started using the 72.5 (or .7 what have you) D* was ending its use of their 72.5 satellite.

My 2 cents.

I know in the northern parts of Michigan, Directv has changed or is changing everyone out to slimline dishes and using hd receivers as standards for mpeg4 signals.

agreed. So instead of just either posting the attachment or just saying what it is, he decides to speak in words that only he understand
He acts just like the rest at DBS talk, Thats why they are losing members and Satelliteguys is Exploding with new members.
My Mission in life is not to memorize every Local Channel and Transponder that D* has. Sorry No thanks.:p

so in conclusion.......

it will either be 2 dishes (101 & 72.5)
or they might do what davedirectv says and just use a HD receiver as the only option....which would give him a slimline

I cant see DirecTV doing the HD option if all the OP wants is SD

2 dish setup would be easier to install then a Slimline IMHO. The 101 is a snap to tune in , I would guess the 72.5 isn't to hard either.
It would just suck if in 6 months your locals end up on the 99 or 103.

2 dish setup would be easier to install then a Slimline IMHO. The 101 is a snap to tune in , I would guess the 72.5 isn't to hard either.
It would just suck if in 6 months your locals end up on the 99 or 103.
Are you sure it will be not dish500 or d1000.2 ? :D

GCT's tables posted here, at SG a few times

give it up smitty....so hemi misread which area it was in

cripes, make a mistake and you decide to lynch him for no reason. He already said he screwed up :rolleyes:

No, I took down the 2 dishes. The local place I am going through is the same place I got my Primestar dishes a few years back. They have no problem with letting someone do a self install and even say they will come out and help or peak the dish if I want. I will be picking up the equipment next week and forgot to ask what antenna would be used. I can aim an 18" dish is about a min give or take. I was just concerned about a slimline, but I bet it would not be too bad :) THANKS all for your input! :)

agreed ;)

Larry...do you still have the dishes set up?
(I'm assuming not since its been 2 years)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)