What does 2.02 fix?

typerk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Irving, TX
I remember reading yesterday about the update that is supposed to fix something but can't remember where I read it or what it fixed. Can someone inform me. I got the update this morning and that's why I'm wondering.

With 2.01 the 522 was automatically running the Hard Drive Diagnostics every night. This took 15 to 20 minutes away from being able to use the device everynight.

I didn't notice it, just like it seems some of you didn't either. It must have been late at night or something. Anyway, they fixed that.

I haven't had time yet to mess around with it (I just got the 2.02 this morning), but I really hope they fixed the audio/video sync issue. It was getting pretty annoying... having to hit 'back 10 seconds' several times in a 30-minute show to keep the audio moving with the lips!

Bizzach said:
I haven't had time yet to mess around with it (I just got the 2.02 this morning), but I really hope they fixed the audio/video sync issue. It was getting pretty annoying... having to hit 'back 10 seconds' several times in a 30-minute show to keep the audio moving with the lips!

Yah, it'd be nice if that was fixed. However, I only notice that when 2 shows are recording, and watching a show that was already recorded. Or, one show recording and two people at two Tivos watching recorded shows. (IE, a lot of activity on the hard drive). Either way, it'd be VERY nice if it was fixed. I'm hoping it's not something that they can't really avoid because of so much simultaneous access to the hard drive.

Hmmm.... mine's been doing it on recorded shows - nothing is recording at the time, I'm just watching a previously recorded show.
I didn't really think that was heavy activity!

Is anyone else seeing this issue on just one show playing back (nothing being recorded on both tuners)?

Bizzach said:
Is anyone else seeing this issue on just one show playing back (nothing being recorded on both tuners)?

I am seeing it on just one show too. It just started for me, right after the software was updated. It is really getting on my nerves. It is doing it as I type this actually. Sometimes I have to hit the back button several times before it syncs up.

Bizzach said:
Hmmm.... mine's been doing it on recorded shows - nothing is recording at the time, I'm just watching a previously recorded show.
I didn't really think that was heavy activity!

Yes, and it is still happening to me. Started with 201 and still happens with 202..! This happens to us when tuner 2 is off and watching live TV.. Also seeing it on recorded shows. Appears to have NOTHING to do with "stress".. :no

I have to agree. I'm getting more audio pops/clicks and loss of sync now than ever, and the amount of "use" on the hard drive doesn't seem to matter. While TV1 is being used to watch a recorded show, and no other activity is happening on TV2 (either "live" or recorded), we're still having all the glitches.

Also, last night (with 2.02), the recording of Last Comic Standing was labelled "Big" (the Discovery Channel show), yet it was still LCS. All the info and stats stated that it was a one hour show from Discovery. Arggghh!

Well, I'll change my tune here. I was noticing a lot more synching issues last night. How annoying is that!

Guess I've been lucky since I haven't seen the audio sync problem yet (knock on wood). I do get a short drop in audio sometimes. It seems to happen more when something is being recorded.

A couple of new things I've noticed since the last few software updates are:
When you delete a protected recording it asks for your security password.
When you turn off both receivers the yellow light on the front panel stays lit. It used to go out when both receivers were off.

But so far I haven't seen any new bugs. Now watch, just because I said that I'll start seeing them when I go home tonight :)

My wife mentioned that ours did it again (the disk maintenance)... So much for our hope and speculation that this quick release of 2.02 was to resolve these new *annoying* glitches.

maximum said:
When you turn off both receivers the yellow light on the front panel stays lit. It used to go out when both receivers were off.
Well, this must have been an anomaly. The light goes out when both tuners are off again.

Are you guys complaining about the disk diagnostic running and interrupting viewing at times other than when it is set to update? I think that it runs the disk diagnostic at update time by design. Annoying, yes, but it don't consider it a "bug" or "glitch".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)