What does your Best Buy look like?

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
I saw the 1200's were $349 openbox

I think the 1400's were $449 or so, but I am not 100%. Really not much of a savings. Brand new ones online are going for sub-$400

CochiseGuy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 6, 2006
Cochise County, Arizona

I think the 1400's were $449 or so, but I am not 100%. Really not much of a savings. Brand new ones online are going for sub-$400

Thanks. No, not much of a savings. I have one in my Amazon cart for price checks; it's currently $429, has been down close to $400. Checked Best Buy and they currently have the 1400 for $449, in store pickup. If I could find one for $350-$375 I'd be tempted to go dual format again (I had a PS3 & didn't like it). I just ordered a Toshiba A35 to upgrade my XA1 for the TrueHD & DTS MA audio output to my Onkyo receiver. The 1400 would be a good companion BD player as it also outputs HD audio.

Back on topic -

What does your Best Buy look like?

Let's see...
There a bunch of clueless sales people wondering around.
No high-end audio gear, except for the Magnolia stores.
And everything is overpriced.

That's about it.

You forgot the part about the clueless sale people also being mostly arrogant teenagers, convinced anyone middle aged is a clueless old fart who can not possibly begin to comprehend their vastly superior knowledge of technology. :p

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Thanks. No, not much of a savings. I have one in my Amazon cart for price checks; it's currently $429, has been down close to $400. Checked Best Buy and they currently have the 1400 for $449, in store pickup. If I could find one for $350-$375 I'd be tempted to go dual format again (I had a PS3 & didn't like it). I just ordered a Toshiba A35 to upgrade my XA1 for the TrueHD & DTS MA audio output to my Onkyo receiver. The 1400 would be a good companion BD player as it also outputs HD audio.

Wait to see what the Panasonic BD30 announcement is this week. Supposed to meet final specs. Just waiting to hear if DTSHD bitstream is HR or includes MA. If it does do MA bitstream, it is mine:D Panasonic has taken very good care of its customers with a rock solid player and updates BEFORE problems occur w/discs.

S~

jayn_j

Press On Regardless
Supporting Founder
Sep 29, 2003
Sheboygan, WI

BB Open box never seems to be much of a deal. I've been burned a couple of times by picking something up and then having to spend more than the savings on purchasing missing components. That BB Card instead of discount last year was absolutely the last straw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)