What HD MPEG4 Channels should I be receiving?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ron Tobin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
This is what I'm subscribed to with D*.

DIRECTV DVR Service
TOTAL CHOICE
SHOWTIME
HD Access

The only HD I get are my locals, my RSNs, HD Net and Showtime. The others, such as CNNHD, Animal Planet HD, etc., etc. give me a screen message that says something like "Not purchased". Shouldn't HD access entitle me to the HD versions of channels included in Total Choice?

I just yesterday installed the 5 LNB dish, so this is the first time I became aware of this situation.

Thanks.

Can anyone let me know why I'm not getting CNNHD, Weather Channel HD, etc., before I make the call the D*. My account show HD Access.

Have you tried calling Directv to have the authorization resent to your receiver? There is a way to do it online as well (it takes a lot of navigating of their website).

What transponder signal strength to you get on 103b/c?

Have you tried calling Directv to have the authorization resent to your receiver? There is a way to do it online as well (it takes a lot of navigating of their website).

It's not so difficult. Once you sign in, go to Customer service, then trouble shooting, then channel trouble, then missing channels. Then select which of your receivers needs the rehit. That's about it.

Well sometimes, just sending a simple rehit does NOT always work - there have been several posts around here of subs w/just getting new HD dishes &/or receivers installed, having to have a CSR repeatedly try to get ALL the HD channels activated on some of these boxes. I had to have it done twice on my new HR20 before they ALL showed up. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)