• HD Essential ($10)

Votes: 59 19.4%
  • HD Ultimate ($20)

Votes: 206 67.8%
  • HD only Pack ($29.99)

Votes: 37 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just stayed the same, although I want natgeo hd with my top 200 pack, but I know thats not gonna happen. The only voom channel I watch is gameplay. I like watching raw play. Takes u through the whole game. Most of the time they are cheating though, but it would take forever to complete some games if they didn't. Also, helps me when I get stuck in some spots.

I have been watching HDNet Movies quite frequently so this channel alone convinced me to keep the 20.00 package. I also watch Monsters every full moon (actually from time-to-time) wish this channel offered more as in the past. Overall I know if I downgraded my HD package I would miss not having all of the options for viewing I enjoy.

HDNET movies is still MPEG2 so I can copy saved movies from my internal HDD to my PC and save them on DVD or a backup HDD for future manupulation, possibly creating my own HD DVD's.

Even though they are only 1080X1440, they still look pretty good.

Downgraded to the essentials pack, never watched voom so was an easy choice for me. I may miss universal but wasnt worth $10 to me.

I voted for the HD Only Package.....
I had the HD (Ultimate) with 100 package, but since occassional Lou Dobbs on CNN which I can certainly do without and currently only Flash Gordon on Sci-Fi with only one remaining show for this season when I made the switch (I went to a friends and caught it), I am willing to get by without Sci-Fi until the HD version comes. And I saved $23 from what I was paying. So, I decided to add the Locals (which I won't watch, SD only in my area), just for the Program Guide, to make it so much more easier to program for my OTA HD Networks. Now to see if the Program Guide is worth $5 or not, I'm leaning toward Yes....? I will be disappointed if Sci-Fi HD is still not available before Battlestar Gallactica returns in late March....! But, I suppose I will get over it? So, I actually only saved $18 on my Bill. I can live with that, and I'm Happy....!!!

Went from AT250 + HD + locals + Multi-Sport to HD Only + locals yesterday. I've found myself only watching the HD stuff since the Discovery networks (TLC, Science, Discovery) went HD last year. Dropped the RSNs cuz you can still get HD baseball from ESPN 1&2 several nights a week.

Cut my satellite bill down to $50/month (it had been over $95/month).

I just went down to the essentials. Waited for the Jericho marathon on Universal over the weekend.

I am very surprised with the voting. I would have guessed the essentials package would be on top.

...I am very surprised with the voting. I would have guessed the essentials package would be on top.
Remember...
* The Dish Ultimate package was automatically assigned to anyone who had HD prior to Feb. 1st
* If people were happy with the content & cost of Dish HD prior to Feb 1st., it was an easy choice -- they didn't have to do a thing (except vote in this poll).
* The other two HD package choices required a conscious decision -- followed up by action & change :D

Talon Dancer

ps Maybe the Voom channels are more popular than commonly expressed in this forum:eek:

Why? There's more HD in the other packages.

Ya, but must of the channels are "fluff" to me. The only ones I will miss are Universal HD and maybe HD movies and those are not worth $10.00 a month.

But, the numbers do not lie and what is "fluff" to me is not "fluff" to everyone else.

I am just happy I have a choose know!!

Ya, but must of the channels are "fluff" to me. The only ones I will miss are Universal HD and maybe HD movies and those are not worth $10.00 a month.

But, the numbers do not lie and what is "fluff" to me is not "fluff" to everyone else.

I am just happy I have a choose know!!
Choice is good! I saw Lawrence of Arabia on HDNET Movies over the weekend, OAR, and it was worth $10 just for that. There are so many good movies on this month, I don't know how I'll watch them all.

Here's this week's schedule.

Then all the movies on FilmFest, Monsters, etc. Choice IS good!

I had the HD Enabling fee, but I'm going to upgrade to the Essential pack. $3 more is definitely worth it, but I don't think I'd get much mileage out of the Ultimate pack.

Of course, someone had to go and inform me that I'm missing out on Lawrence of Arabia in HD, which hurts my soul :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)