what is better c band or ku band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It depends on who is asking ;)

If your a broadcaster and it rains a lot at the uplink location then you will pick C-Band because it is less effected by weather.

If you want your customers to have smaller dishes then you will pick the Ku-Band.

All / Most Digital Satellite DVB receivers can pick up both, To pick up C-Band you need a 6 ft dish or larger (You can pick up Ku band with a large dish as long as it does not have holes larger than a pencil). To pick up Ku-Band you need at least a 31" dish.

I don't see where either is better than the other. But, I prefer watching C-Band over ku-Band, because I have a really good Movie Lovers package for my subscription service with my 4dtv.
I use both with different types of receivers, Analog - 4dtv - DVB.

Al

what is better c band or ku band??

is there is a dish and receiver that used both???

thanks,

C-band Dishes are the best. First of all they also do Ku. Actuators are way better than USALS or any other type of Ku motor.

-Rain Fade
-Overall Signal
-Last Long Time

Not to mention the more desired channels / feeds

I vote C-Band too! I used to have a BUD and loved it until I moved where it would now take up 1/2 of my yard, so I am back into Ku FTA. You can usually add Ku to C-Band, but not vice versa. A note about C-Band dishes, get at least 7 feet (8-10 feet is better). You won't really need it for the signal strength, but you will need it to keep out interference from adjacent satellites, which was really noticeable on analog signals (on digital, I guess your quality factor goes down).

I would say get a 10' solid dish with c/ku, I use both c/ku regularly, I would not be able to choose one over the other.

"both"

what is better c band or ku band??
Which is better for you, would be based on a lot of factors, including:
- the programming you desire (this is the #1 consideration)
- available money to buy equipment
- your ability to locate good deals, or scrounge parts
- your mechanical skills and ability to install either type of antenna
- the space you have for a dish
- the need to hide or conceal your dish or dishes

is there is a dish and receiver that used both???
As noted, you can receive Ku band on a BUD or C-band dish.
While that is one way to go, not everyone appears to be 100% satisfied with the approach.
There is nothing wrong with using a dedicated Ku-band dish, and depending on your location, weather, and choice of satellites, a 36" to 1 meter is usually satisfactory.

The FTA receivers sold by all the supporters of this forum will operate with C-band and Ku-band LNBs.
Some receivers are more friendly to the classic-style C-band LNBs with corotors, but all the receivers will handle voltage-controlled LNBs which are more common on Ku.

Four popular receivers to consider are the Mercury II, Visionsat IV-200, Pansat 3500sd, and Traxis 3500.
All are currently in production, and you'll find many satisfied users of each, here on the forum.

If you can get a BUD (c-band dish) at a good price then go for it.

The only bad thing about a BUD is new ones sometime cost more for shipping that the dish costs.

From a PQ standpoint, C and Ku band digital are identical (one does not look better than the other). A C-Band signal, as previously stated, will hold up to bad weather and stay around longer than a Ku signal in the same weather.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)