What Movies Draw You In Again & Again...

VERY BAD THINGS-starring Cameron Diaz & Christian Slater. Love the dark humor in this movie and in fact my seek & record timer picked it up last night and I will be watching it at work today on my I-pad.

Breakdown – Kurt Russell, JT Walsh
Fire Down Below – Steven Seagal, Marg Helgenburger
Gone In 60 Seconds – Nick Cage, Angelina Jolie
Phone Booth – Colin Farrell, Kiefer Sutherland
Broken Arrow – Christian Slater, John Travolta
Office Space – Ron Livingston, Jennifer Aniston

Whenever any of those six movies are on the premium channels and I’m channel surfing, I will stop and watch them. All movies from the late 90s/early 2000s. It’s hit or miss if I’ll watch That Thing You Do with Tom Hanks and I have been known to watch Cameron Diaz in Bad Teacher a bunch of times when it first came out. Superbad was another movie I would always watch no matter what, but after Seth Rogan’s idiotic comments about American Sniper, I will never watch that again.

Got pulled into Urban Cowboy again. They were having the 35 th anniversary run on CMT last weekend and I ended up watching it. My wife detests the movie, so I set up a timer to record it EVERY time it runs, no matter what channel, and it puts it in her folder. When she came home from work last Saturday night I had it playing on all 4 tvs in the house ,synched ,and my I-pad was in the kitchen playing it on DISH anywhere and I had the sound system blaring . When she walked in I said YEHAAW!!!! Sissy! Welcome to the 35th anniversary of your favorite movie URBAN COWBOY !!!!!!!! She looked around and screamed and ran out the door. Now I periodically here her scream when she finds the movie in her tv folder. It's been a running joke for years now in our 21 year marriage. On our 15th anniversary, I got her the dvd copy in a box for Christmas and under that there was a big old diamond cluster ring. At first she yelled sh*t! and then she gave me a big old Kiss. Yehaw Sissy! I yelled back. Looking to get the Blu-ray version of the movie for our 25th anniversary when it rolls around in 4 years. :nana

Reactions: dfergie
There are a lot of great movies mentioned in this thread. A lot of my favorites here. But there is a movie that sucks me in all the time and it never makes anybody's favorites. I think it was one of the best things Robin Williams ever did, "Mrs. Doubtfire" I really like the movie but never think about it when talking about great shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts