what satellite for rochester, ny?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

robertjp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Upstate NY
I have an old round dish RCA with 1 LNB that Im trying to use at our cottage. First Im trying to get it to work in Rochester, NY. Can anyone tell me what the number is of the satellite Im trying to tune for Direct TV? Does 101 sound right? Thanks

Can I do that? Leave an old dish at the cottage and bring our Direct tv box back and forth? Will it work?

I got it working on 101 but no locals. Does that mean I have to choose which sat to point it at? What does spotbeam mean? Thanks

On the 119 satellite there are spotbeams meaning that like a flashlight the beams are focused on a small portion of the country. This allows DirecTV to use the same frequencies on different parts of the country.

Because guide data comes from one satellite, you can't just tune to one sat at one time and then to the other later. You'll need to use the Phase III dish which receives sats 101, 110, and 119 or the Slimline 5 lnb which receives the above 3 plus the 99 and 103 sats for HD.

How far is your cottage from your home?

Cottage is 150 miles from home. Looks like the 101 gets most of the sd channels except locals. Will locals even work at 150 miles away even with the right dish?

Cottage is 150 miles from home. Looks like the 101 gets most of the sd channels except locals. Will locals even work at 150 miles away even with the right dish?
They might, some SD spotbeams are very large, the only way you will know is to get the right dish and try it, unless you can find someone else with the same setup.

Did you get your locals with this receiver when it was at your other location? I moved a week ago and they had to upgrade an SD receiver to HD because the locals were in MPEG-4, and the older receiver couldn't get them.

Just a thought.

My first post here. I've always found satelliteguys helpful in the past. 12 year member of DirecTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Discounts... what do I have to do?

Need advice on new HD DVR receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts