What satellite is 11944/20990/H

Status
Please reply by conversation.

smikolaj

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 8, 2006
Southern NH
Hi, I am trying to get G10R and I got a signal, did a scan and this is what came up. I guess I am trying to figure out which way to go from here, azimuth and elevation.

Thanks.

I did a scan and I have 20 channels. some are ITV PAC2 SNOM SNOT NEWS SKL2 AAD HOTS TEST. They are all scrambled.

AAD is 11725/26792/V.

I have the dish at the lowest possible angle.

Thanks.

G13/h1?

From lyngsat it looks like it might be Galaxy 13/ Horizons1 at 127W? Maybe...

Since I have DAAI and SKL1 in my epg and they kind of map to this satellite in lyngsat.

Back to the roof...

yep you are on H1 at 127...4 degrees off of G10

move it east 4 degrees and depeding on location, you might need to raise elevation a smidge

Thanks!

I am not having much luck, but then again, I think it may be because I am moving the dish too much. I guess I'll get back out there and move it as little as possible.

With the receiver - I should see the signal/quality go to almost nothing when I move it a little then it will go back up when I move to G10R? Or is there a chance that it doesn't have enough time to go to zero then back up again so I will pass by it still thinking I am on H1? I punched in the info from the sticky about strong transponders and didn't have luck, I guess it is a game of finesse at this point. at least it sounds like I am close.

This place is great, thank for all the help!

Make a mark on your pole before you move if from 127w. Then, move it like 1/16th of an inch or so and then blind scan. It might take a time or 2 before you get G10. You won't be able to see anything on your meter until you blind scan in the satellite. What do you have for equipment?

I have the Traxis 3500. I am running a simple ( or at least I thought it would be simple ) system. Single LNB, extreme II, and the winegard 30" dish fixed.

Back to playing on the roof.

Thanks Again.

So, I have been playing for a while with no luck. Should I be able to get G10R if I can get H1? I think H1 might have something at 11800 V 26660 because when I change to this I get a decent signal but when I scan I only seem to get what is on H1. If I change to 11805 H 4580 I only get about 40%, but my receiver seems to get 37% with no coax in... Is this TP still a good one to aim to? Maybe I just can't get G10R from where I am in NH? too far north?

Thanks.

it sounds like your skew might be off by 90 degrees. When you posted the stuff on H1 that is H polarity but you got it on vertical. The Xtreme II has a notch on the side where 0 skew is which is different than other LNB's.

Turn the LNB 90 degrees then retry

see picture

Attachments

• x2-9.jpg
    x2-9.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 190
Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow after work.

The picture is showing 0 skew, right? Thanks for that tip - it wasn't in the color glossy... I thought when the coax connector was perpendicular to the ground that meant it was 0 skew, I was 45 degrees off in my mind.

yes the picture shows 0 skew

I know my coax connector is sticking out to the side on my Xtreme II LNB at 0 skew

There are a number of ways to find G10R. I use to find 119W with a signal meter and small TV next to the dish. I did this because it has a lot of power and was easier to find. Then when standing behind the dish move the dish to your right until you lose the signal, this is like 1/16 to 1/8". Use the reciever and move just enough to lose 119W. Then rescan.

Good luck

Thanks!

Looks like you guys have done this once before. I was ~90 degrees out of whack, after fixing that and moving the dish a little I am in business on G10R!

The best I can do is high 70's for strength and mid 60's for quality. Is that because I am in NH and only have a 30" dish? I figure it will work for the most part, unless there is a lot of rain.

Thanks again guys!!! I am sure I will be back to bother you with more questions about a motor once it warms up a bit.

Sounds like you got it! Congrats! Your meter readings sound good! You can always adjust the skew and see if that helps any, but depending on your reciever, those #'s sound good! Now, ENJOY! If you don't want to do a motor, you can always strap an lnb next to the G10 one to get IA7 - White Springs which is all old movies. Give a shout if you are interested :) Now sit back and enjoy G10! It is a great bird!

If you are getting 127w, you should have no problem getting G-10R due to your location. The dish will only need to be a small fraction of an inch from where it is now to get 123w.

EDIT: Missed page two of the posts, I see you got it! Congrats :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts