What switch would go with this Dish T90.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't do it, you won't be happy with the results. Unless that dish fits some special need, there are better ways to go. It's basically too small for great coverage. You would play hell to get PBS feeds reliably.

I owned a T90 in the past. I would say its equivalent to a 60-75cm dish. as you get closer to the arc's its more like a 50cm or smaller.

Youd be cheaper to get a 1m wineguard and a good motor with a good lnb

UDL

Not an expert, by any means, just from what I've read of others experiences.**
Bigger the dish, you're able to set LNBFs for closer satellite spacing. Think around a six foot offset and you may be able to 'do' 2 degree spacing. A 90cm/1m, maybe only 4 or six degree, every other or every third satellite.
** but may be a project this summer (If it ever comes around) Switch? I'm considering something like these
Then there's Switches Simplified in the FAQ's

I agree with the other guys I would pass this up. Get a good 1-1.2M dish and a STAB motor. You will be way happier. :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You are better off picking up 2 of those Toroids if u really want to do this! and figuring out how you would like to spread em out..Good friend of mine set these up and I was very impressed for what they are...Sure does cut down on the dish farm..lol..Would say the performance was equal to a 90 cm but then the S2 signals (feeds) were lacking.

Do have to agree with updatelee and go with a motor on a good performing Ku dish!

Ok that sounds about right, I was hoping that they would make a bigger version of this dish to get rid of the s2 problems. I have never personally used one of these dish's so I figured I would post here first. I was hoping to have more of an instant experience verus waiting for a motor. If the HOA approves my Cband dish (10 footer) then it's mute because I will just go with an orthomode or Brian's ASC1.

k9SAT...Sorry man I did not answer the question...If you can get a hold of an EMP Centauri 16x1 then that will fix you..Now if you want to save some money and pick up a couple 8x1`s then u will need some 22khz switches....Good luck in ur choice but seeing how my friends toroid performed I say a motor is ur best bet...Is a cool dish Tho.

Good luck.

...I was hoping to have more of an instant experience verus waiting for a motor...

You might be able to do it faster but I think even with the wait for delivery on a motor I could set up and peak a motorized dish quicker than I could aim a toroidal(s) and peak all those feeds.

T90 is my favorite dish, have it already 10 years, changed lots of other antennas but T90 still with me. it is nice toy to play with. Reinstalled this dish several times on different locations, that was always fun. Ku-band signals in Europe are great and nobody cares about performance, always enough. On T90 here is possible to tune to all major satellites without any difficulties. Speaking about Diseqcs: I use cascades of diseqcs 1/10 and 1/4, simply because when I needed many LNBs to be connected there were no Diseqc 1/16 on the market. So, T90- installation for more watchable birds and another antenna on the motor to be able to tune to any satellite.

Attachments

• P1300609 (Large).JPG
    P1300609 (Large).JPG
    367.4 KB · Views: 183
  • P1300642 (Large).JPG
    P1300642 (Large).JPG
    384.3 KB · Views: 170
Our satellite signals are quite a bit weaker than what you are accustomed to in Europe. Appears to me you should be all wearing tinfoil garments to keep from 'burning' up. LOL! Have seen many posts where many are using 60cm dishes 'over there'. A 60 cm dish this side of the pond is experimental at best for our FTA. 85-90cm recommended minimum while a 75cm will suffice for a good amount, but miss much, of North American FTA with careful alignment.

I have been using three T-90s for the past five years or so. They receive all of the North American Ku birds, and all DVB-S2 signals just fine, and replaced a couple of 1.2 m offset dishes on motors. I'd much rather set up a toroid than a motorized Ku dish - it takes me much less time and is far more rigid. In my experience Ku offset motors are pretty flimsy and not precision devices. But we have high winds that shredded a C-band HH motor mounting only a 1.2 m offset. These winds can make reception on a Ku motor impossible, but the T-90s are completely operational in the highest winds we get. In terms of sensitivity, the center of a T-90 has a bit higher gain than a 90 cm, but there is a slight fall-off in sensitivity off-axis. As long as you stay within the center 20-30 degrees you'll be fine. By the time you get to +/- 20 degrees, there is a noticeable gain loss.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts