Whatever happened to the local on the 8's weather?

mrsat1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
Seaford, NY
Since E* released that all important press release 2 months ago regarding
immediate release for the lcoal on the 8's weather when the special trigger
icon is enabled. I have (2) 622 receivers and have not seen this feature
turned on yet? What was this press release for and why is it still delayed!?

No trigger comes on and it is still not activated yet. Is this feature targeted
for certain receivers and what was the purpose for the ebs test that was
tested this past July on certain channels, what ever became of that function?

Don't get me wrong, i just flat out gave up on this...just curious. Just rely on
the local dtv channels like accuweather or Nbc weather plus.

This is for the weather channel, ch. 214. rolou21:confused:

Don't get me wrong, i just flat out gave up on this...just curious. Just rely on

As an FYI, it works on my VIP 211, but not my VIP 722.

Thanks,
Rick

It worked on one of my 508's before the announcement, (Still does) and worked on my other one since the announcement.

If the trigger icon is supposed to bring up the TWC weather that you get on channel 100, it's not worth it. It hardly gives you a forecast. You just see an icon of a sun or a cloud or whatever the weather will be like. It would be better for them to add the wording that you would actually see on the "weather on the 8's". Also, the radar is a joke. A small thumbpic image that is static is not that useful. I miss the old weather app they used to have. It wasn't that great but is was better than what they have now.

I get it on my 501. But I think it's worthless. Nothing like the cable version. This is one thing cable has satellite beat on but it's a minor thing,IMO.

It started popping up on my 622 after it received L448 software. Problem is, if I attempt to use it, with 622 locks up tight, and I have to reboot. So I turned off the feature in the setup menus. I don't think I'm missing anything, as one of my local OTA channels is 24 hr weather.

Shhhh ! Don't mention it.... It will fade away and people will forget it was ever thought of.

For some strange reason I can only see the first three posts of this thread. So, I'm experiemtning with posting here so that I might be able to get the other 8 posts.

Come on Dish, get this feature out. I think there is more severe weather now than what there used to be (global warming). This would be a very nice feature to have.

I just turned on my 510 tonight.It's been unplugged a while and finally it now gets it.I saw the little trigger icon when I went to 214 and hit select and it come up.My 301 has been getting it a while so I'm assuming this has just been implemented to some more receivers.To the first poster this isn't the promised local on the 8's they promised us.It was suppose to be like the cable version with the slideshow.They did away with those plans and decided to go with what was on channel 100 but at least it's much faster on channel 214.It doesn't take hardly anytime to load.

I have it on my 510 but not on my 622, it is faster than before and I use it some. It also reboots the 510 sometimes.

So it still reboots when your on 214?I was hoping since it was faster that would have been solved.I had that problem when loading it from 100 on my 510.

Come on Dish, get this feature out. I think there is more severe weather now than what there used to be (global warming). This would be a very nice feature to have.

Agreed, it would be a nice feature. But, even if DISH did get this to working, I would not want to rely on it as a sole means of receiving severe weather alerts. An All-Hazards weather radio with alarm for about $40 is the best and most reliable route to go to get alerted to severe weather 24 hours a day.

Eric

for all those that have have on-line/high speed and dish. Why would you rely on TWC for weather anyways, the internet has a ton more features and forcast then anyone other then a complete weather freak could use anyways...I use alot of sources alot more reliable then TWC. Alot better graphics also for radars, forcasts, and anything else you may want. I think I have watched two minutes of the weather channel since subscribing to Dish in August.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)