Whats up with no HD B-Ball

moonpie

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 24, 2006
Princeton,N.C.
My locals OTA show HD in the guide, but not broadcast in HD.The announcers even said they were being broadcast in HD.Whats up? Anyone else have this problem? I'm in Raliegh,N.C. area.I did like being able to see all the games at the same time on 5-1 through 5-4,so I could pick the one I wanted to watch.I would really like to see them in HD though.Any Ideas?

moonpie said:
My locals OTA show HD in the guide, but not broadcast in HD.The announcers even said they were being broadcast in HD.Whats up? Anyone else have this problem? I'm in Raliegh,N.C. area.I did like being able to see all the games at the same time on 5-1 through 5-4,so I could pick the one I wanted to watch.I would really like to see them in HD though.Any Ideas?

If you're local affilate is running 4 games at one time there's not enough bits to carry any HD games. That's probably why you're only seeing SD. 4 SD's pretty much fills the available bandwidth.

Sam

There are still not enough high definition trucks to go around for all the demand. At least 2 sites Friday were SD because of lack of proper equipment, same Saturday.

Also, I heard, CBS is capable of supplying only 2 HD feeds at a time. So with 4+ sites running someone gets SD.

My local ABC and CBS affiliates still only do SD and both are <100watts. I can barely receive them from 5 miles away.

Luckily PBS, NBC and FOX help take up the slack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)