when will nhl network be added?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
comcast is adding it this week (hopefully not to their sports package) so when is directv going to add it and what channel?
thanks

My understanding is it will be very, very soon.
Not sure the exact location of the channel.

Just wanted to also say I made the switcht to Directv three days ago.
Looking forward to talking hockey with others here.

Paul

Hopefully this week. There was a post at DBS that a TIVO sub saw it in the guide on channel 215.

I would hope that could indicate that it won't require the sports pack, either choice or choice plus.

My understanding is it will be very, very soon.
Not sure the exact location of the channel.

Just wanted to also say I made the switcht to Directv three days ago.
Looking forward to talking hockey with others here.

Paul

HEY KK~!

Any word of when TSN-NHL will sign an extension of their current contract?

HEY KK~!

Any word of when TSN-NHL will sign an extension of their current contract?

My understanding is they are very close and it is a 6 year deal.
More Canadian content for the first round of the playoffs too, if enough Canadian teams make it.
CBC has first and 2nd choice of the first round games, then TSN can grab the exclusive from what is left.

I'm hoping that once it is up and running NHL Network US version will show some of the Canadian games, like HNIC. Conceivabely they could show more in the US than they can in Canada. In Canada they can't show a game when any Canadian team is playing, to keep viewers from watching it instead of the home nation teams.

In the US, they just have to avoid the national broadcast time slots on VS Mon/Tue nights and the Sunday brodcasts on NBC. I think the HDNet broadcasts are not exclusive, so Thursday/Saturday nights would be open still.

Eventually they could do live games Wed-Sat nights season round on NHL Net US.

Now it is just up to them to do it, and get it launched. I was hoping it would be up with the new HD launch today. Could still come Wednesday, or next week.

what happened to outdoor and nhl being added, or will they still sometime today?

why can't directv get with the program? I want my NHL Network Now, even Dish has it Now!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)