When your purchased receivers aren't your property

cabledave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 28, 2004
Had one of our 622s start to fail so decided to upgrade to HWS and 3 Joeys. We purchased all of our receivers from one of the online retailers here, think it was Dish Depot. Two 622s and one 211. Already sold the 211 to one of our satellite guys here.

Matt (DIRT) did a great job as he always does setting up the upgrade. We also set up to have the failing 622 replaced with a refurbished under DPP.

So I pull up our account to see to make sure the returned receiver was reflected on the account and I see it looks like they are expecting me to send my OWNED receivers back. One would think that a simple phone call would address this in a few minutes. CSR claims that it didn't matter that I owned the receivers because Dish was nice enough to upgrade me for whatever the amount was that they now get my property. No sense trying to deal with an ill informed CSR, so I asked to speak to her supervisor. He gets on the line and insists that she was right and I am wrong. Doesn't listen to anything I tell him, so I told him if Dish wanted I would file a complaint with the California Attorney General's office and I would let them explain property law to them.

The call gets escalated to the Executive offices. By now it has been about a 1/2 hour phone call so I've about had it with the stupidity. After I explain the situation he says I don't have to return them.

I suggest to him that their IT/software people should set up their billing system to NOT ALLOW a CSR to set up an equipment return on equipment that is in their database as OWNED on an upgrade or a cancellation after the contract has been completed. Secondly I told him to see that their CSRs and so called Supervisors need to be trained so that is very clear to them.

The second 'supervisor' sounded like he had the IQ of a rock. I had a feeling that he wasn't even a supervisor and the original CSR passed the call off to another CSR.

New equipment shows Leased as it should. The executive person said it would be taken care of and I'm pretty sure he doesn't want me calling back. :)

Don't be surprised if your 622 show up as leased again. I've got a 625 that the executive office corrected to owned 3 times and it kept getting changed back to leased. Finally deactivated it after executive office cleared it hasn't gone back to leased but it isn't active.

I have all my receipts from Dishdepot.com for all my receivers on all three of my accounts. IF there is any discrepancy , and there has been before, I can send then a copy of my receipts and it gets straightened right out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)