Where are my Satellite Guy's gamers at?

Thanks for posting this and confirming I'm far from ready for the next gen console. In no particular order, here's what my backlog now looks like (games I have already, via Plus or otherwise, are starred):

The Last of Us
Vanquish*
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Portal 2
Red Dead Redemption
Fallout New Vegas
Tomb Raider*
Limbo*
Skyrim
Saints Row III*
XCOM: Enemy Unknown*
Rayman Legends
Dragon Age Origins
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Far Cry 3
Ni No Kuni

And that's of course only games available on the PS3. (I thought that was dumb that the IGN list didn't usually state the platform for games that were exclusive. Some like Mario and Halo were obvious, of course, but there were a few others I never heard of before.)

I agree that they should have listed the platforms each game is available on next to the year of release. Just from the small section of the games you picked I have a few i want to play myself. Red Dead Redemption and Fallout 3/New Vegas are near the top of my priority list. I'd like to play Ni No Kuni at some point too but I'm kind of waiting for PS+ on that one. I have also started LEGO Marvel, Tomb Raider, Skyrim, Rayman Legends, Dragon Age Origins, and Far Cry 3 and I intend to finish all of them at some point.

I used to have a rule where I wouldn't start a new game until I finished whatever I was currently playing. Lately I have so many games and not enough time to play them so I tend to jump around a bit more depending on what I'm in the mood for at the time. Until typing out that list of games I've recently started just from your list alone I didn't realize just how many games I'm currently working on. I just have too many games I want to play and not enough time to play them. I may need to start locking myself into a single game until I'm finished with it again.

I agree that they should have listed the platforms each game is available on next to the year of release. Just from the small section of the games you picked I have a few i want to play myself. Red Dead Redemption and Fallout 3/New Vegas are near the top of my priority list. I'd like to play Ni No Kuni at some point too but I'm kind of waiting for PS+ on that one. I have also started LEGO Marvel, Tomb Raider, Skyrim, Rayman Legends, Dragon Age Origins, and Far Cry 3 and I intend to finish all of them at some point.

I used to have a rule where I wouldn't start a new game until I finished whatever I was currently playing. Lately I have so many games and not enough time to play them so I tend to jump around a bit more depending on what I'm in the mood for at the time. Until typing out that list of games I've recently started just from your list alone I didn't realize just how many games I'm currently working on. I just have too many games I want to play and not enough time to play them. I may need to start locking myself into a single game until I'm finished with it again.

I've started jumping around a bit more than usual myself. I started LA Noire back in February and still have yet to start the Arson Desk cases, though in the meantime, I've platinumed Bioshock Infinite and Smart As... and completed all episodes to date for The Walking Dead season 2 and The Wolf Among Us, along with Thomas Was Alone and Brothers, not to mention a few other games I've started and only put a few hours into. My backlog would also include DLC for a number of games, including Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, and Mass Effect 3, along with several games that didn't make IGN's (or anyone else's) top 100 list. I think I'd go crazy if I had a PC and rental-by-mail plan on top of everything. I was just starting to feel good that I have at least started every game I own on disc and knocked off the priority Plus content for January.

I've started jumping around a bit more than usual myself. I started LA Noire back in February and still have yet to start the Arson Desk cases, though in the meantime, I've platinumed Bioshock Infinite and Smart As... and completed all episodes to date for The Walking Dead season 2 and The Wolf Among Us, along with Thomas Was Alone and Brothers. My backlog would also include DLC for a number of games, including Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, and Mass Effect 3, along with several games that didn't make IGN's (or anyone else's) top 100 list. I think I'd go crazy if I had a PC and rental-by-mail plan on top of everything. I was just starting to feel good that I have at least started every game I own on disc and knocked off the priority Plus content for January.

The strange part is my Gamefly rentals seem to be the only games I can keep my focus on and finish in a reasonable time frame. I buy some of the games I want most but I figure I have these forever so there's no rush. With the Gamefly games I am often trying to plow through at the end so I can get it sent back in time for the next blockbuster release. I almost always have owned games that are higher on my priority list but the gamefly rentals are usually the ones I turn to first when I sit down for the night.

I will say that Gamefly has saved me lots of money though. When I got out of college and got my first real job I still got all the big AAA games I wanted to play on day one. I just paid $60 a piece for them until I wised up and started waiting for price drops on Amazon. I wasn't used to having money at first and games are a big hobby of mine so I bought pretty much everything. Waiting for the price drops helped a lot but then I always had a hard time waiting for the games I was really hyped up about. Gamefly lets me get those big releases right from the start without paying $60 each for them. Multiplatform games I didn't get to right away often end up on sale on PC for $5-$15 by the time I'm ready to play them.

And.... I just ended up buying Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition on PS3 for $18 while I was buying my new 360 controller and battery packs. I may have a problem.

I only had Gamefly for about 5 months and I think I should cancel already. I've had Borderlands 2 at home for 2 months now and havne't played it in weeks. I hate to send it back because I really enjoyed the game so far but I just can't get back in the mood to play it, especially with my new PC.

I only had Gamefly for about 5 months and I think I should cancel already. I've had Borderlands 2 at home for 2 months now and havne't played it in weeks. I hate to send it back because I really enjoyed the game so far but I just can't get back in the mood to play it, especially with my new PC.

Well if you ever get the urge to play it again the PC version seems to be on sale more often than any other game I have ever seen. If you wait on a deal you should have no problem finding the Game of the Year Edition with a bunch of DLC included for $10-$15. As a bonus the PC version blows the PS3 version out of the water too. I have them both.

The strange part is my Gamefly rentals seem to be the only games I can keep my focus on and finish in a reasonable time frame. I buy some of the games I want most but I figure I have these forever so there's no rush. With the Gamefly games I am often trying to plow through at the end so I can get it sent back in time for the next blockbuster release. I almost always have owned games that are higher on my priority list but the gamefly rentals are usually the ones I turn to first when I sit down for the night.

I will say that Gamefly has saved me lots of money though. When I got out of college and got my first real job I still got all the big AAA games I wanted to play on day one. I just paid $60 a piece for them until I wised up and started waiting for price drops on Amazon. I wasn't used to having money at first and games are a big hobby of mine so I bought pretty much everything. Waiting for the price drops helped a lot but then I always had a hard time waiting for the games I was really hyped up about. Gamefly lets me get those big releases right from the start without paying $60 each for them. Multiplatform games I didn't get to right away often end up on sale on PC for $5-$15 by the time I'm ready to play them.

And.... I just ended up buying Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition on PS3 for $18 while I was buying my new 360 controller and battery packs. I may have a problem.

lol. I'm kicking myself for not paying just $5 for RDR during a recent PSN flash sale. I actually just bought a PS4 controller, figuring it may be awhile until I get a PS4 and I've heard how much better the PS4's controller is ergonomically, which may be just what the doctor ordered for my aching joints. I know there'll be limitations on the PS3, but I thought it was worth a shot, as I've tried it out in stores.

lol. I'm kicking myself for not paying just $5 for RDR during a recent PSN flash sale. I actually just bought a PS4 controller, figuring it may be awhile until I get a PS4 and I've heard how much better the PS4's controller is ergonomically, which may be just what the doctor ordered for my aching joints. I know there'll be limitations on the PS3, but I thought it was worth a shot, as I've tried it out in stores.

Yeah I wish I would have taken advantage of that sale too. I was out of town for the weekend with spotty internet access so I missed it. It's not as good as $5 but $18 with the Undead Nightmare DLC included sounds pretty reasonable to me too.

I really like the new controller that came with each new console. I'm not sure if I have a preference yet but even that is saying something. The 360 controller felt so much better than a dual shock 3. Just the fact that they are about equal now is a huge improvement for Sony.

Random story...

So I get a friend request out of the blue from some girl. I don't know who she is, but apparently she's into Team Fortress 2. So I figure, whatever I'll add her. Then a few minutes ago she IMs me, and I respond, and she says she wants to trade a bunch of TF2 items for my Bill Hat. At first I think, "Well, I guess I can see why people like to trade stuff" but then I think, "Wait, why does she want that?" Turns out that item is apparently a big "collector's item" in the community. So I say "Thanks but no thanks" and then she signs off. At that point I realize.. she didn't friend me because he wanted to be my friend! It was because of my hat!! How dare she (assuming it even is a "she.") Also, since I don't use that hat (I like the hat that shows I purchased the game more) that means she went through my inventory to see I had it. How low!

Ok random story over.

Random story...

So I get a friend request out of the blue from some girl. I don't know who she is, but apparently she's into Team Fortress 2. So I figure, whatever I'll add her. Then a few minutes ago she IMs me, and I respond, and she says she wants to trade a bunch of TF2 items for my Bill Hat. At first I think, "Well, I guess I can see why people like to trade stuff" but then I think, "Wait, why does she want that?" Turns out that item is apparently a big "collector's item" in the community. So I say "Thanks but no thanks" and then she signs off. At that point I realize.. she didn't friend me because he wanted to be my friend! It was because of my hat!! How dare she (assuming it even is a "she.") Also, since I don't use that hat (I like the hat that shows I purchased the game more) that means she went through my inventory to see I had it. How low!

Ok random story over.

Probably not even really a she. That's probably just some misdirection so lonely guys will accept the friend request and part with their rare items easier.

So I just looked at your inventory and it looks like you have quite a few trading cards. I would understand keeping them if you are into collecting entire sets but I don't think you can even do that without trading or purchasing the cards you don't get. Most games seem to drop about half of the required cards as you play.

What I do is just sell them whenever I unlock a new one. I click to see today's average price and just set that as the sales price. Depending on the game they seem to average anywhere from 8 cents to 30 cents. That doesn't add up to a lot but they are basically worthless to me anyways. I figure that by now I have at least gotten enough money to pay for a few indie games by selling my cards. None of my TF2 inventory stuff appears to be able to be sold so I'm not sure what you can do with the hat.

It's really a pretty genius scheme. It basically costs Steam and the game's developer nothing to make these cards and they get a few cents of every sale. If I list a card at 27 cents they usually take 3 cents and I get 24 cents. It's basically free money for both Steam and the developer. They limit the drops to ensure that collectors have to buy cards to get the badges. I'm sure some people are into it enough to buy them because my cards usually sell within an hour or two of me listing them. When they first started this card program the prices were in the 50-60 cent range but now I typically get 15-20 sometimes more sometimes less depending on the game.

Again, you won't make a fortune off this but it's basically free money into your Steam wallet for you too. You earn the cards just by playing normally and the proceeds go towards your next purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well what he/she wanted wasn't even a Steam card. It was an in game item for TF2, a hat I never wear, because I like wearing the "I actually paid for this game back in the day" hat. I couldn't care less though. When I'm playing TF2, if what I pick up isn't a weapon, I forget about it in a second. I have so few weapons anyways. The only one I constantly use is the original Quake Rocket Launcher for my soldier.

I'll get to Wolfenstein eventually. I obviously played the old Wolfenstein 3D and that was fun for the time (although INCREDIBLY frustrating without the use of an in-game map) and I liked Return to Castle Wolfenstein. The Xbox version had INCREDIBLY fun multiplayer, similar to Team Fortress 2 with team/class based battles. I'd play for hours when I wasn't playing Halo 2. Didn't play the last one because I didn't hear a lot of good things about it.

BTW, anyone who wants to play the original Wolfenstein 3D can do so here for free within your browser: http://3d.wolfenstein.com/game_NA.php

I found this story to be rather amusing..

I've never been one to pirate my media so I guess I didn't know how much slower it was than buying and downloading from official servers. I thought the part where someone commented that it took 38 hours and during that time he also uploaded 122GBs was ridiculous. That seems like more trouble than it's worth. I've never had problems with data caps from Charter but I imagine that if I started uploading 120GB+ over a couple days that would change.

As for the size itself, that might still be rare for PC games but it's pretty common on the new consoles. Next time you are in the store check out the back of a few PS4/Xbox One games. Many of them seem to be right around 45GB. Now that both consoles have 50GB of space on a blu-ray to work with developers seem to be less concerned about compression efficiency. That can be annoying for those of us who prefer digital copies of the games we buy. Even if you prefer retail all games on both consoles have to be installed so you are still going to take up that 45GB of space on your console's hard drive.

I've never been one to pirate my media so I guess I didn't know how much slower it was than buying and downloading from official servers. I thought the part where someone commented that it took 38 hours and during that time he also uploaded 122GBs was ridiculous. That seems like more trouble than it's worth. I've never had problems with data caps from Charter but I imagine that if I started uploading 120GB+ over a couple days that would change.

As for the size itself, that might still be rare for PC games but it's pretty common on the new consoles. Next time you are in the store check out the back of a few PS4/Xbox One games. Many of them seem to be right around 45GB. Now that both consoles have 50GB of space on a blu-ray to work with developers seem to be less concerned about compression efficiency. That can be annoying for those of us who prefer digital copies of the games we buy. Even if you prefer retail all games on both consoles have to be installed so you are still going to take up that 45GB of space on your console's hard drive.
Problem is that data speeds with torrents can be very inconsistent, especially early on in a torrent's life. I can't remember the last time I had data speed issues with Steam. I would never bother downloading a torrent that large though. I'm not saying I'm a serial pirate, but I would be lying if I said that I never (and don't currently) have a copy of uTorrent on my machine. The sad part about being a PC gamer is that there's no real rental service. There's no real way to see if a game is good without making a major investment first. Also, if I do like/complete the game, I always make sure to pick up a legitimate copy so that the publisher/developer gets money, and if I don't like or decide to not play it, I promptly remove it.

I tried a WiFi adapter on my new PC and I can't get it to work right. It will pick up the signal and connect to it but then I can't get online. Eventually it says I have no internet connection. I don't know what's going on, it will connect and disconnect and when it does say it's connected it still doesn't work. I may just have to make the wired connection work. Luckily I have bulk Cat-5 cable and Ethernet fittings.

I just finished DMC: Devil May Cry (the name is pretty stupid). I was looking for a quicker experience than Far Cry 3 that I could finish before my copy of Watch Dogs gets here. This fit the bill perfectly. I had never played any of the older games before this reboot so I really had no expectations going in.

The music and main character in the trailer kind of turned me off so I was plesantly surprised when I actually played it. It ran at a solid 60 frames per second on my PC and that can make a big difference in a fast paced action game like this. The combat was fun, the story was entertaining, and the level design when you are in limbo is downright insane. Some of the boss fights were also pretty unique. The game's attitude that I kind of hated on first impression became something I really liked by the end of it.

Basically this was a game that was kind of under my radar but I'm really glad I finally played it. It was better than I thought it would be in just about every regard. I know this game was free for PS Plus subscribers a few months ago. If you like God of War style action games and you have a free copy in your library you owe it to yourself to at least play through a couple missions and see if you like it.

I played DMC last year and it was one of my GOTY Honorable mentions. It really is fun, although the story was about as subtle as a fart in the face.

Also, not to be a PCGMR shill, but really, this game is best experienced on the PC. My machine is considerably less powerful than King's but I was able to run it at full details and my framerate was locked at 60fps. That's because in a rare move, the developers built the PC version from scratch, as opposed to just doing a port of the 360 version. The results are AMAZING, and there is a tangible difference in graphics and performance as a result.

I played DMC last year and it was one of my GOTY Honorable mentions. It really is fun, although the story was about as subtle as a fart in the face.

Also, not to be a PCGMR shill, but really, this game is best experienced on the PC. My machine is considerably less powerful than King's but I was able to run it at full details and my framerate was locked at 60fps. That's because in a rare move, the developers built the PC version from scratch, as opposed to just doing a port of the 360 version. The results are AMAZING, and there is a tangible difference in graphics and performance as a result.

The leaderboard was a nice touch too. I found myself checking this after every mission. You got a higher score than me on the majority of the missions but I did take a few of them.

The leaderboard was a nice touch too. I found myself checking this after every mission. You got a higher score than me on the majority of the missions ..

tumblr_lvrdlcB0pM1qibz0jo1_r2_500.png

The last game I really cared about score stuff was Rayman: Legends because the better you did on the challenges, the more points you got to unlock stuff.

Been all over the place. You'd think that I'd be all about Watch Dogs, but honestly I'm not. And it has NOTHING to do with the game itself. I just don't seem to be into it at the moment. Instead I've been playing with some other stuff..

Against better budgetary judgement I picked up NES Remix 2 on the Wii U. I have to say that 2 main things contributed to this purchase.. first off watching this review of it, and then a LOT of alcohol I had imbibed earlier that day. Basically it's a bunch of mini games or challenges based off of various old NES games like Punch Out, Super Mario Bros 2/3, Kirby, Kid Icarus, etc. Most of the challenges seem fairly easy and it feels like this is more of a selling tool for various older games on the NES Virtual Console. That's not to say that this is BAD and honestly it is cheaper than legitimately buying all the various games, but for $15 I feel like it should deliver some more. Not a bad purchase, but much better at a 50% off deal.

I also recently purchased Street Fighter X Tekken Complete Edition for the PC, which seems to coincide with my recent fighting game kick. The title dictates what the game is: A matchup of Street Fighter and Tekken Characters, arguably 2 of the greatest franchises in history. I enjoyed both of these series, including Tekken and all the Playstation games that were released based off the arcade games. Having said that, this doesn't really feel like a true meeting of both of the franchises. The game uses the Street Fighter fighting style which is rather different from the Tekken one, and as a result it doesn't as much feel like Street Fighter VS Tekken as much as it's Street Fighter with a bunch of characters with Tekken Character skins. Still, that's not to say it isn't fun. It's a bit more complex than what I like to deal with. I'm not a big fan of the Tag Team fighting and more moves than you care to remember set, but overall it still plays well. There is some controversy over what will happen with this game since it uses Games for Windows, which is being shut down soon. I have to say that GFW is quite annoying with this game. Your progress/choices aren't saved unless you use an Xbox Gamertag account, and that also manages all the online gaming. There's one part early on where your account is "downloaded' to your computer, but Christ Almighty is it long. I have about a 3mBps connection (those are bytes, not bits) and it took at good 10 minutes to "download my profile."

Speaking of Christ Almighty, I bought Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition because after my day at work I need to vent some anger by punching people into space then whacking them with a space station, and it I saw the download was 20 GB. TWENTY Mother loving Gigabytes!? At that size I have to believe that hidden in the game files they have the entire Christopher Reeve Superman series as well as the Michael Keaton Batman movies! I hope to try the game tonight once I put the kids to bed (assuming I haven't fallen asleep with them.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts