Where are my Satellite Guy's gamers at?

I unloaded about 2 bookshelves worth of 360/PS3 games and my 360 the summer before the PS4 came out. Gamestop was doing a double trade in credit promo and I figured all the value would be gone once the new systems came out. How many people are coming into a Gamestop to look at used PS3/360/Wii games at this point? The handful of PS3 games I still have at home will never be sold back. There is almost no chance of me playing them outside of Uncharted 2 and 3 and maybe Red Dead Redemption but I'm not trading them in for 50 cents.

I guess you lose out for the price of convenience. I could go and try to get a better deal on Craigs List or Ebay or some other place, OR I could get less money but unload them and get something NOW for them. I have to imagine that GS is profiting well off of the sale of used consoles, because they wouldn't do it if they didn't. It still costs them money to wipe the consoles and clean them up before reselling them (although it is wise to always do a wipe yourself beforehand just to be safe) and they take up store/warehouse space that could be used for something else. Like I've said, I rarely do any commerce at Gamestop, and when I do it's because they have some sort of "deal" that I can take advantage of, like the PS3 to PS4 deal or other trade in deals that give you 50% more for your trade in, where I would often then convert my funds to Steam Credits and then buy other games discounted on Steam.

Video games and consoles are one of those things I never like to give up. I still play Ken Griffey Jr: Winning Run on my SNES.

Well, I received a TiVo Roamio for Christmas. I was using a PC I built as an OTA DVR and was pretty happy with that setup but I'm sure the TiVo will be more user friendly. The reason I posted in this thread is because this means my trusty PS3 will now be disconnected. I just don't have enough space for it in my entertainment center. Not only that but my surge protector and network switch at that TV are both already maxed out.

I still plan to play Uncharted 2 and 3 but that's about the only reason my PS3 was still hooked up. There isn't much else left in that library I will likely ever play. The PS3 will get pulled back out when I finally get to Uncharted (assuming there is no remastered addition) but it's days of being a permanent fixture in my entertainment center are done.

Well, I received a TiVo Roamio for Christmas. I was using a PC I built as an OTA DVR and was pretty happy with that setup but I'm sure the TiVo will be more user friendly. The reason I posted in this thread is because this means my trusty PS3 will now be disconnected. I just don't have enough space for it in my entertainment center. Not only that but my surge protector and network switch at that TV are both already maxed out.

I still plan to play Uncharted 2 and 3 but that's about the only reason my PS3 was still hooked up. There isn't much else left in that library I will likely ever play. The PS3 will get pulled back out when I finally get to Uncharted (assuming there is no remastered addition) but it's days of being a permanent fixture in my entertainment center are done.

rip-20gb-ps3.jpg

I actually seem to be going in the opposite direction. Though I just got a PS4, I'm still using my PS3 quite a bit, partly due to the network outage. This past weekend, I used it exclusively, playing Madden 15 and Borderlands 2. It's also my best option for streaming Netflix (DD Plus audio quality seems better and I have a blu-ray remote and I don't have to worry about controller battery life). Not to mention that whole CD playback/DLNA functionality thing. At the same time, I too maxed out my HTS capacity when I added my PS4, which involved putting in storage my last remaining device that played audio cassettes. lol

I got CoD:AW for Christmas and was able to play it some last Saturday. So far I've only been playing the campaign mode and I'm on the fifth mission I believe. I'm really enjoying how this game looks and feels so far. I can't wait to get some time to play online.

So I brought in 2015 by finishing CoD: AW single player.. If you want the 5 minute version with more NSFW humor, this should suffice:

If not, read on
Really, what can we say about the series at this point that hasn't been said before? At this point it feels like a sophisticated enough set of developers could make an automatic Call of Duty generator program, because at this point all the entries in the series share more DNA than the damn Lanisters. Having said that, if you're still up for the tried and true formula of CoD then you'll probably enjoy this entry and the 6 hours of gameplay, although for me the series still hasn't been able to recapture the greatness that was Call of Duty: Black Ops (which, if you're keeping score, was 4 games ago.) The story is badly generic and predictable. I thought games had finally moved past the whole "Private Military Corporation set on world domination" story line a while ago. Hell that was the story line of Tom Clancy's HAWX, and that came out 6 years ago. Still, considering that they pretty much TOLD you this was going to happen from the first Kevin Spacey trailer, I guess it just became an exercise of going through the motions.

Speaking of Kevin, he does a good job as the main antagonist Johnathan Irons, or at least as good as he can do given the material. They obviously motion captured him acting out the various scenes and it works out well, although I do agree with the video game awards' decision to give the best acting job of the year to Trey Parker over him.

As I mentioned before, AW is going over old ground once again. They did add an Exo Suit to supposedly give the player more abilities, but I rarely found myself using them because I was so used to playing CoD the way I had for the better part of a decade, and with the exception of the super jump, none of them are really necessary. I do think it was somewhat necessary for them to be more original than they had been in previous games. Hell, they basically recreated the last level of Modern Warfare 3 in AW when you storm the final building in a walking tank. And in that scenario, you were wrapping up the MW story, whereas with AW, the story is already starting, as they make it ABUNDANTLY clear that "This is only the beginning!" Well given how AW ends (I don't wish to spoil but I think even if you're "Borderline" on the IQ scale you can venture an educated guess) I'm interested to see how they plan to do so. It's not like Modern Warfare where you were basically chasing the same terrorist amongst 3 games (in between nuking the middle east, stopping the Russian invasion of the US, seeing the president die, and whatever other sh*t they threw at us.) Here they did that and this is the START of the series.

I haven't delved too much into multiplayer yet to form an opinion of it, but I can tell already it's not up to par with that of Black Ops but it is a nice departure from the MCC every once in a while.

Overall, AW is just more of the same, and it as I mentioned before, the formula was getting stale at around the time Black Ops came out (jeeze, think I enjoyed that game a bit?) Fans of the series will find more to enjoy in this, whereas if you were already tired of the CoD formula, this isn't the Modern Warfare level revival that you need to bring you back. As I mentioned, I got this game for about $8 from trade ins and sales and I don't regret it, but it is rather disheartening as a gamer to see a game that is supposed to be "brand spanking new" do so much stuff that is just so damn old. I give it a B-, pending more multiplayer matches.

Still working through Shadow of Mordor and attempting some MCC multiplayer (although I'd like to do some customs with the people on here.. hint hint.) I got some games over the Steam Sale that I'll be delving into. I decided to pick up Shovel Knight just due to the overwhelmingly positive reviews it got. I tried the first level and it was quite a bit of fun. Also, I do plan on EVENTUALLY trying out Civ 5, or I'll feel like a real idiot considering I got all the DLC for it.

I just finished inFamous: First Light. First, I will say to @Zookster go ahead and play it when it comes to PS Plus on Tuesday. There really aren't any spoilers for the base game. First Light just tells the backstory of Fetch. The things that take place in First Light are briefly mentioned in Second Son but this is a more in depth look into it. You also meet Second Son's villain here but that won't be a spoiler to anyone who has even seen the trailer. Everything that happens in First Light takes place before Second Son begins so I wouldn't worry about playing this first.

I liked this DLC but not nearly as much as the base game. Fetch is a decent character but I will say that this starts a bit slow. There are some cool moments in the second half of this DLC that redeem it. For me, I was just in the mood for more inFamous. Since I don't have the base game I couldn't go back and play the evil story line so this was the next best thing.

If you want to get a feel for inFamous without plunking down cash for the game this will be a good way to do it when it's added to PS Plus next week. Keep in mind that the full game is better though. If you are an inFamous fan and can make it to the second half when you have most of your powers unlocked and the enemies get a bit more challenging you will probably like this. If you didn't like Second Son you will probably like this even less.

Reactions: Zookster
How long is the DLC?

Also as far as SS goes, you can nab it for $19.99 this week at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/infamou...on-4/8677151.p?id=1218884649576&skuId=8677151

It took me about 4.5 hours and I would say I grabbed about half of the collectibles. I also only did the challenge arena missions that were part of the main story. If I wanted to go and finish all of them as Fetch and Delsin there would probably be another 3+ hours there. It's not a huge expansion though.

I just finished inFamous: First Light. First, I will say to @Zookster go ahead and play it when it comes to PS Plus on Tuesday. There really aren't any spoilers for the base game. First Light just tells the backstory of Fetch. The things that take place in First Light are briefly mentioned in Second Son but this is a more in depth look into it. You also meet Second Son's villain here but that won't be a spoiler to anyone who has even seen the trailer. Everything that happens in First Light takes place before Second Son begins so I wouldn't worry about playing this first.

I liked this DLC but not nearly as much as the base game. Fetch is a decent character but I will say that this starts a bit slow. There are some cool moments in the second half of this DLC that redeem it. For me, I was just in the mood for more inFamous. Since I don't have the base game I couldn't go back and play the evil story line so this was the next best thing.

If you want to get a feel for inFamous without plunking down cash for the game this will be a good way to do it when it's added to PS Plus next week. Keep in mind that the full game is better though. If you are an inFamous fan and can make it to the second half when you have most of your powers unlocked and the enemies get a bit more challenging you will probably like this. If you didn't like Second Son you will probably like this even less.

Thanks for the review and confirming it's okay to play first. It should help buy me some time until I can snag Second Son for <$15 in a PSN sale.

That's a good price for @Zookster and others who haven't played it yet. I've already beaten the game and done 100% of the side stuff. The only thing that's left for me to do is get the trophies for an evil playthrough on hard difficulty. I do want to play it again but since there isn't much left for me to do I'll wait for a Gamefly <$10 sale. PS Plus would be even better but since they are just now offering First Light that could be a while if it ever happens.

I tried to play D4 over the weekend. The controls were so wonky that I didn't even finish the prologue. First I tried playing with the kinect because I read that this is the way to play but navigating the world was a chore. Then I switched to controller but that didn't feel right either. Instead of being a normal controller game it felt like some weird interpretation of kinect on a controller.

Apparently the QTEs are when the kinect control really stands out but I never even made it to the first one in the game. I didn't delete it from my hard drive yet because I do want to experience the weirdness of this game. Maybe I will give it another shot at some point but it was not something I wanted to deal with when I tried to play Saturday night.

Has anyone here played the Jackbox Party Pack? I've never played any of the games these guys make but I recently heard the Giantbomb guys gushing about how much fun this was on one of their podcasts. I'm having some friends over tonight and we normally play board games during these types of get togethers. I'm going to download the Jackbox Party Pack and get everyone to play that instead of the normal Cards Against Humanity stuff tonight.

I'm just trying to decide between Xbox One, PS4, and Steam. Are there any benefits to one platform over another? I'm thinking of things like stability and bonus content but I haven't seen much about differences between platforms. From reviews I've read everyone seems to like it on PC, Xbox and even Amazon's Fire TV.

I'm currently leaning towards Xbox One because I have a couple friends who have one. From what I've read, I could just install the game on a USB drive and take it to gatherings at their houses. Then I could just log in to Xbox Live on their machine and we can play there without them having to buy it. I could accomplish the same thing on PS4 but I would have to download the game after I log in to their machines since it doesn't support external storage.

For those that don't know what this is, it's a $25 collection of party games like You Don't Know Jack 2015 and Fibbage. There are a total of 5 games so that $25 price tag seems pretty reasonable even at full price. The thing that makes this unique is that everyone uses their own smartphone as their controller. You answer the trivia questions on your device or draw right on your touch screen. It takes away the hassle of having to buy lots of controllers or having to pass them around the room. People don't even have to download an app to their phone so it's super convenient. Everyone just opens their browser and goes to jackbox.tv. Then they just have to enter the code that's displayed on your TV to join the game. It says the various games support from 4 to 100 players so I can see it being a big hit at family parties and stuff like that. I'll report back on how well it works after I get a chance to try it out tonight.

I can also see bars picking it up. I sometimes go to this bar that does trivia on a big projector screen every Thursday. They pass around these big clunky old electronic answer boards to each table who wants to play. It's always a pain to try to log your team in and they never have enough of them. They also have a 360 with kinect hooked to this projector screen for drunk people to make a fool of themselves on during the days they aren't doing trivia. Just about everyone in there has a smartphone so next time I go I'm going to suggest this to the owner.

Let me know how it is. I've been a HUGE fan of the old YDKJ games from back when they were all sold individually on CD-Rom, and I still think they hold up today (although admittedly the Sports/Movies/TV versions can suffer a bit due to age of facts.) Total Biscuit ranked Fibbage as one of his Top 10 games of the year, although he didn't mention any of the other games in the Jack Box (and still hasn't responded to my inquiries about them.) I am interested in this Jack Box as well, although I'm probably just going to wait for a sale if I decide to jump on them.

Let me know how it is. I've been a HUGE fan of the old YDKJ games from back when they were all sold individually on CD-Rom, and I still think they hold up today (although admittedly the Sports/Movies/TV versions can suffer a bit due to age of facts.) Total Biscuit ranked Fibbage as one of his Top 10 games of the year, although he didn't mention any of the other games in the Jack Box (and still hasn't responded to my inquiries about them.) I am interested in this Jack Box as well, although I'm probably just going to wait for a sale if I decide to jump on them.

Last night I had a group of 6 at my house. We ended up playing about 4 hours of the various games in the Jackbox Party Pack and it was a blast. Getting everyone connected on their various iOS and Android devices was super simple. One minor inconvenience was that people had to enter a new room code whenever we switched between the various games in the pack. It was very easy to do and it remembered your player name all night so it only took seconds. If we chose to play the same game again we didn't have to do this.

Drawful was the clear standout with my friends. In this game each person gets a phrase they have to draw on their touch screen at the beginning. Many of these are ridiculous things that lead to hilarious drawings. One by one it shows each person's drawing on the TV. Each person types out a phrase that could be a title for the drawing. Finally, the real phrase, along with the ones everyone else typed out show up on the screen. Everyone selects what they think is the real phrase. The person who drew it gets 1000 points for everyone who selected the correct answer. Everyone else gets 1000 points for each person who selects the incorrect answer they made up. People were cracking up at both the drawings and the ridiculous answers people made up.

The other highlights are Fibbage and You Don't Know Jack. Lieswatter was just okay and Wordspud was flat out boring. I totally think the $25 is justified for this package if you have guests over often enough to use it. My only real complaint is that You Don't know Jack is limited to 4 players. We had a lot of fun with YDKJ before the last two people got here but once they did we couldn't play it anymore because there were 6 of us. Every other game in this package supports at least 8 players. I'm not sure of any legitimate reason why more people couldn't answer questions in YDKJ. That was a bit of a disappointment because I think we could have had fun with it.

I'm not sure of any legitimate reason why more people couldn't answer questions in YDKJ. That was a bit of a disappointment because I think we could have had fun with it

You should be happy that they have 4 players. Traditionally YDKJ has been limited to 3 players until I think they recently updated for the last gen console release.

I may delve into the YDKJ box soon, but, and this is going to sound really sad, but honestly I need more friends to make the game worth it. Once I get the friends then I can get into Jack. ;-p

You should be happy that they have 4 players. Traditionally YDKJ has been limited to 3 players until I think they recently updated for the last gen console release.

I may delve into the YDKJ box soon, but, and this is going to sound really sad, but honestly I need more friends to make the game worth it. Once I get the friends then I can get into Jack. ;-p

Yeah. There is no online multiplayer at all so the game will be worthless if you don't have at least 2-3 people together. Even if there was online multiplayer all the fun comes from the people in the room laughing at each other. That really wouldn't be the way to play.

Two of my friends who were here last night already bought it today. That means that out of the 6 of us that were playing 3 of us now own it. We'll see how it holds up over repetitive use. They will be playing with other friends and family now and I'm sure we will get together to play a few more times. I'm hoping there is enough content that we won't be seeing a bunch of repeats.

You may have to watch out because if you guys play it without each other a lot then the questions may start to repeat for each of you.

Xbox One, issue with Ready to Install List & External Drive

Possible xbox Hard drive issues....is all lost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)