Where do you eat?

starman345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2004
New Brunswick, Canada
I mean specifically where do you eat your meals in your home? When the children were growing we always ate at the dining room table, I was brought up that way and think its good to get everyone together at mealtime. But, after the nest emptied, we gravitated to the living room, usually watching the news on TV while we eat. In the summer sometimes we have dinner on the deck. So, how about it, where do you have breakfast, lunch, dinner, when you are home?

weekdays
breakfast-at my desk at work
lunch-in the lunchroom at work :)
supper-kitchen table....I can see the TV from there
snack-my easy chair

weekends
lunch is at table
breakfast depends...if I eat then at table. If its a pop tart or something then easy chair :)

I have breakfast at my desk in my home office where I begin my daily perusal of Satellite Guys. I hardly ever have lunch. Dinner can be in one of several places, in the dining room (if it's a big meal, like Thanksgiving), at the family room table, in my chair in the living room, or at one of my favorite restaurants......

I have to admit I do believe in the value of the family dinner table, at least as far as my daughter is concerned. When she is over, we have a family dinner always. Otherwise, we are either at the dinner table or in front of the HDTV....

i have all those meals at the dinner table which happens to face the HDTV;). I really don't like talking while I'm eating. The wife and I have our own time for talking. I rarely eat breakfast and when i do it's only in the weekends.

I rarely eat breakfast on the weekdays. Sometimes I grab a banana, apple or pear as I run out of the house, but that's it.

As for weekday lunch, I eat at my desk at work.

For dinner, we always sit at the table. Same for weekend breakfast and lunch.

Breakfast: In my car, either a breakfast sandwich or a banana.
Lunch: At my desk
Dinner: Living room - bachelor, who needs the dining room table.

Weekends: Living room every meal, but only when I'm home for meals, which can be infrequent on the weekend

Breakfast: In my car, either a breakfast sandwich or a banana.
Lunch: At my desk
Dinner: Living room - bachelor, who needs the dining room table.

Weekends: Living room every meal, but only when I'm home for meals, which can be infrequent on the weekend
Almost identical pattern here, for the same reason. My dining room table has turned into my "horizontal filing system", especially at tax time. I even have my (dial-up) 'net connection there and any time I want to use my 'puter at home (rare) it is at that table.

Breakfast weekdays is either oatmeal (standing up in the kitchen) or some turkey sausage/bacon eaten in the car. I rarely eat breakfast on weekends. If anything it's wings or pizza left over from Friday "happies".

Lunch during the week is almost always at my desk. I have salad about 50% of the time, the rest is either leftovers or stuff I "stock" in the lunchroom fridge. Lunch on weekends is totally freeform in terms of venue, time and duration, and often something consumed from 12 oz. cans.

Dinner everyday is usually in my easy chair as I catch-up on some DVR'd shows. It often doesn't happen until 9PM as I have meetings many weeknights.

I rarely eat out. I can't afford it, mostly in the waistline area! I host an evening meal somewhere in town where my adult kids can join me about every 2 weeks.

The bachelors' life...

Breakfast in my chair in front of the computer, I try not to skip breakfast especially when working... Lunch at work (when I get a chance and when working) at the lunchroom, usually stay on a Tomcar(think Dune Buggy)... Supper in chair at computer (TV to the side)... when off, don't eat a third meal when working, will eat a snack later in the shift after lunch(12-14 hour shifts)...

Breakfast - prepared by me, dining room table
Lunch - prepared by me, at my desk, with SatGuys (now. Turkey spam & beans. Yum. Diet.)
Lunch, wife - prepared by me, eaten in a kitchen area at her place of employment
Supper - usually prepared by wife, eaten in LR in front of TV.

We have this coffee table that swings up to make a nice table to eat off.

Breakfast - In my recliner
Lunch(work) - everywhere
Lunch(home) - In my recliner
Dinner - In my recliner

Your comment reminded me. At a Home & Garden show here recently, Safeway had a booth giving out bite sized pieces of steak. Just olive oil, kosher salt and cracked black pepper. It was from their Rancher's Reserve brand.

Now, I'm not much on beef, lost interest in steak about $5/lb ago, and much prefer pork. But this stuff was delicious! So tender, just perfectly prepared. We went out and bought some of that steak from Safeway and had it that night.

So maybe it is worth the extra bucks to get that brand.

But don't eat it in a recliner. ;)

Usually skip breakfast
Lunch is just when and wherever
Supper is in front of the computer.

How do you cut into a piece of steak while sitting in a recliner?
Those who favor this option all learn sooner or later! In my case, you'd think that after the 3rd or 4th time I scattered peas and taters all over the living room rug that I would have chosen an alternative. (No clean-up required on my part - the "mooch pooch" takes care of that!) My epiphany came the last time I slipped with the sharp steak knife and came very close to a serious incident with the "family jewels". Now I pre-cut most meats at the counter and leave the knife behind before sitting down in my throne...!

Those who favor this option all learn sooner or later! In my case, you'd think that after the 3rd or 4th time I scattered peas and taters all over the living room rug that I would have chosen an alternative. (No clean-up required on my part - the "mooch pooch" takes care of that!) My epiphany came the last time I slipped with the sharp steak knife and came very close to a serious incident with the "family jewels". Now I pre-cut most meats at the counter and leave the knife behind before sitting down in my throne...!

:up:up:up

breakfast at my desk at work
lunch at my desk or in the lunch room
dinner in front of the hdtv in the family room - we have a lift top coffee table (see below) so no peas in the lap

weekends mostly in the family room unless we eat out.... which we do a lot

Attachments

• stks300clcoffee.jpg
    stks300clcoffee.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 172
breakfast at my desk at work
lunch at my desk or in the lunch room
dinner in front of the hdtv in the family room - we have a lift top coffee table (see below) so no peas in the lap

weekends mostly in the family room unless we eat out.... which we do a lot

I got to give you props on that coffee table, thats pretty slick. Need to add that to my wishlist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts