Food You Don't or Won't Usually Eat

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
The Baloney Thread gave me this idea...
Food not usually on my menu or shopping list and usually mid day selections...
Vienna Sausage --Deer hunting
Jack Mackerel -- Hunting
Smoked Oysters -- Hunting
Spam -- Hunting
Canned Corned Beef Hash -- Hunting

Last edited:
I won't eat liver. Period. Why eat some other animal's poison filter? Wife loves the stuff, orders it out since I can't stand it in the house.

Won't eat chitlins. Chitterlings to yankees.

I won't fix Collards or mustard greens, but will eat them if they're dropped in front of me.

Most everything else is fair game, so long as it's not too spicy hot.

Things I might try some day:
Beef heart
Tongue
Insects

Something I tried that was unexpectedly GREAT: Bone marrow.

Heart
Liver
Brain
Mayo
Milk
Blue/Feta Cheese
Shellfish (allergy)
Lamb
Frog Legs
Alfredo Sauce
& many others....

I'm pretty picky.

My Uncle Buddy hated liver so much that when Grandma wasn't looking he would put it in his wallet and then excuse himself to go to the bathroom, where he fed it to her cat. I've only had it once, and that was enough.

Liver, spam and nothing that sounds like body parts. No squid either....gack. :no The frog legs need to stay on the frog....just eat chicken. :up

Heart isn't bad... not that fond of Liver though... and haven't had Scrambled calf brains since I was a kid and with the Mad Cow stuff... nope :D

I love me some chicken hearts. Never had calf brains, but tried squirrel brains with scrambled eggs ONCE!!!!!!!!!! My ex wifes Dad loved them. When we would go hunting I would make extra sure I blew thier little heads off so I wouldn't have to watch him go through as many. Icky!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)