Which Dish will a new customer get?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Steady34

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
The last time I moved I didn't change my address with Directv because I would lose my NY locals. I would like to upgrade to the new 5lnb dish so I could get the the new MPEG4 sports offerings. I don't want Directv to do it because I would lose my NY teams based on my new zip. If I were to sign up as a new customer which dish would I get?

I would be willing to pay for a 1 year commitment until I could cancel, but want to make sure if I ordered a single receiver systen I get the 5lnb dish. I am in an area that now has HD locals and I do see the 5lnb dishes popping up.

Any thoughts would be appreciated?

If I were to sign up as a new customer which dish would I get?
Unless you've recently enrolled in the Federal Witness Protection Program, there's a pretty good chance that DIRECTV won't sign you up as a new customer. Their credit checking system is most thorough.

How much harder are these to hook up than the 3lnb? I guess I can buy one on Ebay. I was just worried about getting this one set up. I did the 3lnb myself and it wasn't too bad.

If I were to call and cancel would I only pay the early termination fee. I know they would take the receiver, but would they also take the dish?

How much harder are these to hook up than the 3lnb? I guess I can buy one on Ebay. I was just worried about getting this one set up. I did the 3lnb myself and it wasn't too bad.

If I were to call and cancel would I only pay the early termination fee. I know they would take the receiver, but would they also take the dish?

Buy one on Ebay and set it up or from one of the site sponsors.
They are not that much different than the others and thewre are video's that will show you how to do it. The video's all have meters shown in them, but it's not required, I just set one up and have a very strong signal on all sats without the use of a meter, I'm in the mid 90's on the 101, 110, and 119 and 60's so far on the 99,103 .... the same as the one I have at home that I had D* set up for me.

Jimbo

Unless you've recently enrolled in the Federal Witness Protection Program, there's a pretty good chance that DIRECTV won't sign you up as a new customer. Their credit checking system is most thorough.

oh yeah, tell me about that. then, perhaps, you explain to me how they let me sign up for a new account, ran a credit check and didn't even notice i allegedly owed them almost $200 from my first account.

i say alleged because they claimed i owed a cancellation fee for a tivo unit that i never hooked up. i was having phone jack problems, called directv and explained, they cancelled the order and removed it from my account. funny thing, when i received my final bill they tried to slap me with the charge. i politely told them to kiss my rear end and refused to pay. to this day, they never got a cent. and i'm a customer in good standing.

And if you don't order an HD receiver you get a single LNB dish like my neighbors. Keep in mind a HD receiver locks you in for 24 months.

If you are in an area with the sd locals on 101, then yes you will get a single lnb dish. Here in CT the sd locals are on 119, so you will get a 3 lnb dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts