Which remote

cncace

Original poster
Nov 26, 2006
Just bought a new LG 42LV5500. Have a Dish vip 722k receiver. Should I be using the remote that came with the t.v. or just keep using the Dish remote.

Thanks for the help.

cncace

Just bought a new LG 42LV5500. Have a Dish vip 722k receiver. Should I be using the remote that came with the t.v. or just keep using the Dish remote.

Thanks for the help.

cncace
Depends on what U want to do. The E* remote can be reprogrammed but then you have to remember what you programmed the remote buttons for. For simple stuff the E* will work fine but other than that stay w. the TV remote. I use mine to turn the TV off/on and most of everything else goes thru my Yamaha 7.1 A/V receiver.

I would use the Dish remote. The code for it should be 766. Make sure you keep the LG remote in a convenient location in case you ever need it for navigating the TV's menu.

Use the Dish remote for sure. The LG remote will not work the functions well for the Dish Recevier, but the Dish remote works very well with LG TV's.
Once your TV is set-up, all you are doing most of the time is volume and possibly input changes. The Dish remote easliy can do that.

Draft on NFL Network out of sync?

Signal Strength, Lazy Installer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)