sundrop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2010
Missouri
Nothing has changed, wires or nada.

Starting last night my H24 would show
MVR connected" then "disconnected"

I cant even watch the DVR shows upstairs due to it.

Here is the weird problem. If I am watching the show and the "disconnected" screen comes up. I can finish watching whatever I was watching as long as I do not click OK.

Nothing has changed, wires or nada.

Starting last night my H24 would show
MVR connected" then "disconnected"

I cant even watch the DVR shows upstairs due to it.

Here is the weird problem. If I am watching the show and the "disconnected" screen comes up. I can finish watching whatever I was watching as long as I do not click OK.

Rebooting the Server DVR is the most common work-around for MRV problems.

If your Directv setup consists of H24 and a DVR, then the solution should be as simple as rebooting the DVR. If that doesn't work, reboot all devices.

One thing to avoid is rebooting twice within 30 minutes; if done, the guide cache' will be dumped and the DVR will be very busy rebuilding it which will cause even more bugginess behavior.

That is one thing I have noticed about the DirecTV hardware. I just got DirecTV in May and since then, I have noticed I will need to reboot one HR-24 or the other about once a week to keep everything running smoothly.

TV Apps is the main cause for me. I have stopped using that feature entirely. I did just have to reboot a receiver last night to restore MRV. I was fiddling around with my router, which probably shouldn't have affected my MRV setup, and then my recordings from the bedroom disappeared from the "Living Room" receiver. I rebooted the bedroom receiver, which could see the recordings from the "Living Room" and everything was fine again. MRV and the XX24 receivers have their quirks, but they are new and have great features.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New DTV designed signal level meter?

SLC locals issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)