who is going to the superbowl from the AFC?

which team is going to the superbowl to represent the AFC?

• patriots

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • bengals

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • steelers

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • broncos

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • colts

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • jaguars

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
None of the 4 teams are really weak.

Yeah jacksonville didn't show up, another dumb coaching decision to sit girard who was hot the last few weeks...Idiot...It would be like dungy benching peyton...or last year having cowher bench big ben when whatshisname came back from injury...

CPanther95 said:
If you do much gambling, you'd realize that's not bad at all.
And if YOU do much gambling, you'd realize that accurately picking two games correctly isn't exactly a sign of great skill. It could also be a sign of mediocre luck.

Pittsburg got lucky that Palmer went out early. I think if he stayed in things could have been a lot different. I'm glad though that Pitt is coming to Indy and not NE. While we cleaned their clock earlier this year, I'd love for Denver to knock them off first. I'll take the current Vegas odds of -9 and the Colts.

Tell you what, cdru - give me the final point spread of both AFC games this weekend and we'll see if both picks are not only on the same side of the betting line, but how close they are. If you get as close as I was, I'll be equally impressed.

CPanther95 said:
No question that they should be.
BUT WONT BE!!!!!!!!!
yo panther , 4 directv installs later they are still doing the woulda , coulda, shoulda crap???
indy is spotting the steelers? im italian and those dagoes in vegas are NUTS!! or sucking you guys in!!!
PITTSBURGH WILL WIN BY 8-10 points.....OUTRIGHT, no spot.:devil:
and cdru, i BET you would love for the steelers to be knocked out .......before brady gets it!!

My question is who will be watching pittsburg playing the the superbowl in HD through there sat. and not through there OTA?

It would be better to see NE beat indy again, it's just so much fun to watch peyton sweat all week and then lose it on the sidelines like a child...

We've seen NE put the keibosh on the steelers twice in the last 4 years, including last year, it'd indy's turn to lose again...

Nobody expects denver there next week, and I don't see what's wrong with that. They're like chicago, they're good but they're not this good...1 and done...

dragon002 said:
diamond,
your prediction of the steelers/colts game??

For the Steelers, but I think the Colts will win on a fluke play, questionable call or with the help of piped in crowd noise. The league and the media (local especially) have been pushing for them all season to be in the Super Bowl, so I would have to say that the fix has been phoned it. Living here in Terre Haute (they train here) we have had to listen to it since the beginning of July. Gag, gag, gag.:rolleyes:

sidekick said:
My bet is that interceptions and illogical, non-characteristic plays will rule the day and the Steelers will win.

Hope you are right. These *%$#@!' people around here are so fanatic that if the Colts don't win they will be whining for years. Hell, they are still crying about how they were robbed in the '96 AFC Championship games against the Steelers. Colts fans must have watched a different game because the one I watched saw the Steelers out play them for a well deserved win.

Nobody likes the colts outside of indy, period. They put on the most boring ass games...So much firepower yet it's dull as all hell...Those dorky uniforms, lame stadium and goober quarterback don't help...

Cowher hasn't mis-managed the clock in a while, he's due...

Diamond Jim said:
For the Steelers, but I think the Colts will win on a fluke play, questionable call or with the help of piped in crowd noise. The league and the media (local especially) have been pushing for them all season to be in the Super Bowl, so I would have to say that the fix has been phoned it. Living here in Terre Haute (they train here) we have had to listen to it since the beginning of July. Gag, gag, gag.:rolleyes:

I told you there would be a fixed play somewhere in the game. That was a legit interception that was taken away from the Steelers with 5: 20 something left in the game. The fix money must have been late arriving. The zebras gave the Colts the opportunity, but they couldn't take advantage it. The fluke played happened, just not all the way. The refs can set it up for a team, but they can't execute the play for them.

One thing that bothers me is when the Steelers got the ball on the Colts 2 with 1:20 left in the game why didn't they take a knee 3 times then ice it with a field goal? Running a play at that stage of the game was bone head coaching. Bill Cowher must have missed the Herm Edwards play in the Eagles-Giants game back in 1978. If you don't know or remember, the Giants were in the same situation, kneel down and the game was over. They elected to hand the ball off and fumbled, Herm Edwards picked it and ran about 60 yards for an Eagles win.:D :D Anyway I am happy, NO MORE COLTS.:D :D

Last edited:
I like how only 30% of this poll can be accurate, maybe it should be edited since it's finally relevant...

Refs make bad calls all the time (as pointed out last week), but that INT call I just don't understand. I couldn't believe they challenged it, let alone that it was overturned.

College Replay is so much better than NFL replay it's absurd...

Yes Cowher is terrible at managing in remotely stressful situations, but you can't really blame him for wanting to put it in the end zone. If they're not going to be able to take time off the clock, and jerome hasn't fumbled in a long time, why not get 7 points instead of 3 when they're both just as easy for them to get from so close to the endzone? Give ben credit for not going for a quick tackle, instead running way downfield. I didn't understand why he did it but it worked out for them and saved the touchdown so I can't really question it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts