Who is not interested in Prime Time Anytime?

How interested are you in Dish's upcoming Prime Time Anytime feature?

• Very interested. Wouldn't live without it.

Votes: 59 17.4%
  • Somewhat interested. Looks promising.

Votes: 124 36.6%
  • Not very interested. Might give it a shot.

Votes: 53 15.6%
  • Couldn't care less. That's "could NOT care less."

Votes: 103 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dangue

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 29, 2007
SF Bay Area
Jhon69 said:
Wonder if DISH is getting some type of benefit from the NAB because PTAT would surely benefit them.

PTAT will be cool to start then it will become a drag later when the subscriber sees all the stuff that's recorded that they care nothing about(kinda reminds me of Tivo and Suggestions) I kept that turned off too.

Then when the new wears off they will look a the Hopper,then look at DirecTV's HR34(that has 5 tuners and records off all of them) and that's before you can add the AM21(Dual OTA Tuners) so make it 7 tuners to choose from.:eek:

I think that says it all.:(:doh::no

I think it will completely depend on viewing habits. If a household watches a lot of prime time network shows, the Hopper will be a godsend, giving them essentially six tuners worth of content when most of their viewing takes place. (later potentially covering all HD locals if Dish decides to expand PTAT's decoding of the transponder recording) If the household watches mainly non broadcast network shows, then the Hopper probably won't be a significant step forward in terms of recording flexibility. But, at that point, a two Hopper set up may provide the needed flexibility.

the mack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 10, 2009
HOCKEYTOWN
I watch neither Grey's or Housewives - they're my wife's shows.

I hope not (LOL).......my thing is that there is not much to watch from the networks.....all I watch is two and a half men (kinda lame now with Ashton) and Modern Family ( my girl friend got me watching this one). so the need to record all of prime time is something I would never use. I prefer the hbo and showtime shows to anything on the networks (weeds, californication, boardwalk, big c, etc)

MRV is not something I am that interested in either, if I really needed to watch a recorded show in another room I would just move my EHD to the room in Question....

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
For our household, Prime Time Anytime will be a great feature and I can't wait to get it. During the week, especially on Wednesday and Thursday, there are too many network shows to record with just 2 tuners (and I live way out in the sticks where OTA is not too good). Great feature, hope I can get it soon!

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
.......my thing is that there is not much to watch from the networks.....
I guess we might be more boycotting the networks (the thought is certainly in my mind) because in recent years past, we watch a new show, like it, and after (4) episodes, they cancel it ! That happened to multiple shows. Now we're like "why like a show or get into it if they're going to pull it?".

JM42

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2010
GA
I think it will completely depend on viewing habits. If a household watches a lot of prime time network shows, the Hopper will be a godsend...

I don't know about it being a godsend, and I don't think of us as watching a lot of network shows, but often it seems the network shows are the source of a conflict. Scheduling always seems to put the two shows you like against each other. PTA would help with this.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Slamminc11

Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 28, 2005
I hope not (LOL).......my thing is that there is not much to watch from the networks.....all I watch is two and a half men (kinda lame now with Ashton) and Modern Family ( my girl friend got me watching this one). so the need to record all of prime time is something I would never use. I prefer the hbo and showtime shows to anything on the networks (weeds, californication, boardwalk, big c, etc)

MRV is not something I am that interested in either, if I really needed to watch a recorded show in another room I would just move my EHD to the room in Question....

Well then it's probably best that you don't upgrade to the hopper when it becomes available and leave it to someone who thinks this is a great idea and benifical to their households tv watching.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
5 24/7 still beats 6 for 3 hours a day and 3 for 21 hours
Depends on the content... I have both Dish and Directv and tend to surf and stop on programs more with Dish than Directv ... and dvr same plus any EHDD that you have programs on from your previous ViP dvr's content will be available to watch with the Hopper whereas each EHDD is receiver unique with Directv and that content is lost...

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
Maybe I interpreted the announcement of PTA slightly differently. It said PTAT in HD (if available). It did not say not available in SD if your locals were not in HD.

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
Central IL/SW FL/Big Island
5 24/7 still beats 6 for 3 hours a day and 3 for 21 hours

But 5 is the limit, is it not? I don't think you can stack HR34s and see the content on both from everywhere. Two Hoppers, still leaves one better off than one HR34, especially when OTA usually means additional tuners for Dish and not for Direct. I guess it depends on the fees and leasing. Dish will have additional models of the Hopper at some point with even more tuners if there is a perceived demand. Six probably is going to satisfy most subs. Subs might prefer having two hoppers so that if one goes tits up, they still have a working receiver until they get a replacement.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
But 5 is the limit, is it not? I don't think you can stack HR34s and see the content on both from everywhere.
MRV allows you to see all recorded programming from all DVR's in one list

so if you were crazy and had 2 HR34's (new subs can only get 1...current right now costs 400 bucks) you could see all listed programs on both DVR's

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
MRV allows you to see all recorded programming from all DVR's in one list

so if you were crazy and had 2 HR34's (new subs can only get 1...current right now costs 400 bucks) you could see all listed programs on both DVR's

But you would only see shows recorded or recording. No seeing the other units todo list.

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
I think PTA is a very good idea that Dish can really market, but it doesn't do anything for me personally. I already record the prime time programs that I am interested in watching (and sometimes don't get to them for months), so I have no use for PTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts